Missing My Betta

Sabrina Iannone

It's been about a year since Castor died. He was my first fish, and I honestly believe he was the kindest soul ever. He never flared at the other fish, and he always seemed to be so shy and gentle. He had the most beautiful elephant ears; I loved watching him swim, because it reminded me of butterfly wings fluttering. I was kind if scrolling through my phone earlier, and found some videos of him, and I feel really silly but I started to cry because I miss him.
I know that death is a part of fishkeeping - and, well, everything- but I still miss him. This is my favorite photo of him.

Fanatic

I am sorry to hear about your betta, we all get connected to at least one special fish in our lives, it's definitely not silly to be upset about a fish you've lost.

Sabrina Iannone

Thanks

Madison Lawson

I understand how you feel. I had a green lobster/crawdad named Miguel for 2 years before he passed away a year ago. He would always crawl to the front and greet me or hang upside down from a leaf at the front of his tank. I still miss him to this day and I love looking at the pictures and videos I have of him on my phone. I called him my water puppy. A pet is a pet, and growing attached is the best part. Especially feeling that love back.

Sabrina Iannone

I'm sorry about Miguel. You're right, too.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom