Missing Julii!!

Vancouver Mike

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So this is quite frustrating.
There may be an assassin in my 65 gallon tank!
This is the 3rd fish in a few weeks that has ended up missing or dead!
It started with A Rummy nose disappearing and then a Black skirt was dead one morning (eye was eaten and fins were nipped bad)
Now a Juli has completely disappeared! Just like the Rummy. Not a trace! He may have been gone for one or 2 days tops but **** man!?
Anyone ever have fish completely disappear lime this?
The Rummy was super tiny but the Juli was not. I look at my tank every morning and night so it wasn't getting picked at. I just don't get it

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've lost a betta that I still have no idea where it went. The tank has been pulled down completely and we've moved since then, so I really have no idea where that fish ended up. Wasn't anywhere in the tank, on the floor, behind furniture. There wasn't even anything else in the tank that would have eaten it... If the tank is heavily planted and has a lot of good hides, the cory may be hiding. I'll sometimes go a few days only seeing two or three of mine, and then suddenly they're all there.

Zniaz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
May I ask some questions?
What is the stock? (i.e what fish you have)
Do you have any inverts? if so then what? (i.e snails, crayfish)
Do you use live plants or artificial plants?
What are your water parameters?

This information (especially the stock) is crucial to understand and to try and find the problem and solve it.

Skullkong101

Valued Member
Reaction score
In the case of a assassin does it seem to be nocturnal or also happen when your away? Depending on where you live you may want to look for signs of a dreaded dragonfly nymph.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fish will devour a dead fish in a tank pretty quickly so it probably died and got eaten. You just need to figure out whats killing your fish.

What are you parameter and water change schedule

Vancouver Mike

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
May I ask some questions?
What is the stock? (i.e what fish you have)
Do you have any inverts? if so then what? (i.e snails, crayfish)
Do you use live plants or artificial plants?
What are your water parameters?

This information (especially the stock) is crucial to understand and to try and find the problem and solve it.
6 other Corys
3 Angel
5 Black skirt tetra
1 Bristlenose pleco ( quite new and young)
7 Rummy nose

I have a combo of fake plants and 5 bamboo and a house plant (potho)
Water is 80° Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 10 PH 6.8
10-25% WC and partial gravel vac every Sunday

HairyCatFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have thickly planted tanks with a large snail population so any small fish or shrimp that die, and are not found by me right away, are usually eaten. One time all I found was a skeleton, the other's have never been found.

I also have fish that completely disappeared, and I've gone nuts looking for them, then suddenly reappearing day's later.

WinterSoldier.

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had an oto in my 20 gallon that disappeared. I have a large snail-ghost shrimp population. I never found the body. I think it go eaten

Vancouver Mike

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ya it's driving me a bit crazy, I have no snails and my tank only has a few spots to hide and both Juli were active and always out and about foraging and I probably don't go more then 6-8 hours without seeing them all so this is quite a mystery.
Thanks for sharing your stories of lost fish tho, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Even if I am the only one without snails!

Vancouver Mike

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
In the case of a assassin does it seem to be nocturnal or also happen when your away? Depending on where you live you may want to look for signs of a dreaded dragonfly nymph.
It seems to happen during the night and I'm pretty sure I don't have any Dragon flies here. There are some in these part but I've never seen them in the city which is where I am. The tho

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think the other Corys and the BN will make disappear after dieing in a short period of time.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom