Missing In Action Fishes!

Velvet
Need help please as usual guys... my tiger barbs (my fave, thus far even if aggressive) which were 9 altogether has now become 7 fishes!

3 are MIA! And their bodies are nowhere to be found which is disturbing!

I have 55 gal tank, and here are the fishes I have stocked:

9 tiger barbs (7 are LEFT!)
4 silver tinfoil
7 rosy barbs
6 albino redtail
1 black shark (2 inches size)
1 iridescent shark (4 inches size)

What could be the cause of their missing? Not so long ago I had 2 small green tigers dead but bodies were found. But now, there are no traces whatsoever as to where the tiger barbs could be! Breaks my heart

Mifuluhu
I would guess they are quickly eaten by the sharks nice they die. I would worry about why they are dying off. What are your water parameters?. Tanks size?. Temp? Tigers are sensitive to stress and do better at lower temps, lot to mid 70's.

Advertisement
Velvet
HI there. I am worried yes. I have about 3 feet, 55 gal tank. And to be perfectly honest I am unsure of the temp and its other stats I guess some got stressed yes coz the smaller ones tend to separate from the group..

RiggRMortis
A thermometer and a parameter test kit are a must in this hobby.

A draft, or sunlight can cause temperature fluctuations, and there are many things that can cause parameters to change, such as a new piece of decor being added (plants, driftwood, rocks, etc.), or a dirty/clogged/inadequate filtration. A lot of things can change your water parameters, so it's a good idea to check them fairly often. Especially if fish are unwell or dying.

Thermometers can be bought for a few dollars, and API makes a good parameter test kid that costs about $20 - $25 and lasts quite a while.

RiggRMortis
Also, what kind of filter are you using? Is there any way they could have gotten in there?

I had a molly end up in my filter once. Might want to turn it off and have a look inside.

Velvet
I will follow ur advise RiggRMortis and purchase a thermometer and parameter. Just tonight my ID shark died when we went home from dinner. Its so so sad RIP ID shark ...

Here's the filter I am using. Unsure what this is called and hopefully no fishes, the small ones could be there since I check it daily

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
etkelly22
Replies
Views
maggie thecat
Replies
Views
Et tu
Replies
Views