Missing fish!!!

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
ok so i had 2 fry in a quarantine tank and ones missing i've looked every, took all the plants out and can't find it..

in another tank there were 7 fry and now, i can only find 4...i've picked everything up in there too and can't find the missing 3 and no...they didn't get sucked up in the filter.
HELP ME!!
did the fry eat the other fry???

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
i was thinking that they may have died and then my albino cory catfish ate them...but then i have another littler tank where 2 were in quarantine..and they dissapeared too, so it couldn't have been the catfish

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
I had about 33 fry in my nursery tank , have not counted since i put them in their. i think tat there is at least about 25 in their now. i am assuming the rest have died and decomposed, as i feed them and i have never seen one dead. the 2 in quarantine may have died and decomposed, it probably wouldn't have taken long for fry to decompose.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately,among newborn fish,only the fittest of the fittest survive..nature's way of weeding out weaklings..so always expect some losses in each batch of fry..if it doesn't happen,great!..that'll mean you've got a healthy batch in perfect water conditions.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom