Missing Discus? Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Andrew99p, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Andrew99p

Andrew99pValued MemberMember

So I have had these three small blue diamond discus, with two blue turquoise, and a pigeon blood discus. All in my 125 gallon tank. They’ve all been perfectly fine for the past three months I’ve had them. Then today, I saw all the discus come up to eat, then I took a nap, woke up, and now I cannot find my third blue diamond anywhere! I have moved plants, moved rocks, and looked everywhere possible and can’t even find a body! We have a cat, and my wife believes I left the lid open, and the cat got the fish. It seems like the only logical answer, but the tank is deep, and the discus would’ve swam down. Anyone have any ideas? At this point I know he probably died somehow, but I just wanna find him to know!

2. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

Geez...that really sucks...Unless figured how to go through walls, it's quite possible your cat had it for dinner.

3. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

My guess is that something spooked the discus and it’s jumped. It’s happened to me.

4. OP
    OP
    Andrew99p

Andrew99pValued MemberMember

@Fashooga: Only thing is I’ve never seen my cat try to get in my 125!

75g Discus Tank: Maybe he did, I checked all around the tank and found nothing, but maybe the cat came and picked him up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice