Missing corydora found stuck under rock. Looks like it has kyphosis Help 

neofyt05

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was away and my sister told me that one cory has been missing for two days. I thought that it died and that it may had been eaten by other fish but I found it stuck under some rocks. I noticed that the corydora was hanging on the top of the tank lately and I thought that it was suspicious. I don't know if the fish got sick because it got stuck or it got stuck because it was sick. Now that I released it, it looks stressed, not doing much and it looks a bit bloated, like it has a hump, kyphosis or something.

Attachments

fishyluv

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Aww, i am sorry to hear this! I love cories. I have a peppered cory and it looks alot like yours. I am sure he/she is stressed from being stuck. Poor thing! Just keep an eye on it and keep its water clean. You can also try soaking its food in liquid garlic to help boost its immune system. Seachems garlic is what i use. You can also get some vita-chem and soak its food in that along with the garlic. Its vitamins for fish. A few drops of vita-chem to a small amount of garic. Enough garlic to at least cover the food. Soak for about 30 minutes. Kensfish has catfish sticks that my cory loves! You may want to try that or something you knows he/she will eat. I really hope it starts to feel better but give it time. I mean really if we were stuck under a rock we wouldn't come out dancing around! lol Hopefully time and some TLC will do the job!!!! Good Luck!!!

neofyt05

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I tried to feed it some zucchini, bloodworms, pea. Nothing. I guess it is still very stress. I'm afraid it has a bacteria infection

fishyluv

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Aww, poor thing! I feel so bad for it! Maybe it is just stressed and just needs some rest. Just keep a close eye out for diffent symptoms. I sure hope it is feeling better soon.

neofyt05

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Today it finally ate some flake, still looks a bit bloated. We will have to wait and see.

fishyluv

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
neofyt05 said:
Today it finally ate some flake, still looks a bit bloated. We will have to wait and see.
Aww, well that is a good sign that its eating though!! Maybe its just swollen from being stuck under the rock, it could have been trying to wiggle out and that may have caused the swelling. Try not to worry too much and keep an eye on it. Glad to hear its eating at least!!!!

neofyt05

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Seems better today
It is more active, the swelling is getting better i think

fishyluv

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
neofyt05 said:
Seems better today
It is more active, the swelling is getting better i think
Aww, i was so glad to hear your cory is doin better! Yahoooooo!!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom