Missing Catfish!

1. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

??? I have a ten gallon tank with 1 male betta, two african dwarf frogs (Very Small) and 2 small black catfish.. Except, for the past two days I have only been able to spot one catfish, and can't seem to find the other one? So weird. I know the african dwarf frogs are semi-aggressive and will eat anything they can fit into their mouths, but I don't honestly think that they could have eaten one of my small catfish without leaving any evidence of the fact, and my Betta just doesn't seem interested at all in any of the fish, so i know it probably wasn't him? I have checked around the outside of the tank to see if for any reason he jumped out, but no dice. Do you think my frogs could have got my catfish???

2. Marc Well Known Member Member

Check under any decorations you have

3. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

if the catfish is small enough to fit in the mouth of the frog, then it's possible.  And they are very good at dying in hard-to-find (and hard-to-reach) places, or maybe he is just hiding somewhere in the tank.

4. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

;D Okay everyone thanks for your advice!! I found him.. I looked everywhere except for one of my plants, and he was hiding in between the leaves... LOL! i had a little scare there for a while

5. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

It's good that he's OK :)

6. Jon Well Known Member Member

yep fish can be tricky to find sometimes... its always more likely they are hidden than eaten

7. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

These two catfish hide really REALLY good lol, i almost never get to see them :mad:

8. RoboDude Member Member

LOL ;D

9. Jason Well Known Member Member

Catfish are definately hard to find, I rarely see my Bumblee catfish. He is usually out and about after dark like most catfish.

10. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

I put a cave in my tank for the betta, but needless to say, the catfish spend ALL day inside it and the betta never uses it. So I never get to see my catfishes, but i have to like check every other day to see if they are still alive ( i dont want to do it every day, because i have to lift up the cave, and they get all sqiurmy and scared so I am afraid that I am stressing them out :-\)