Minnows

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by guppylover321, Dec 29, 2012.

1. g

guppylover321 New Member Member

I had 2 minnows for a couple of months and I kept them with 1 goldfish in a bowl. Can I put the minnows in with my tropical fish? I know that you can't keep goldfish with tropical fish but what about minnows?

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Many members keep goldfish with "tropicals". It would be far better to keep the goldfish in a tank with tropical fish than in a bowl.

I can't remember the specifics of your tank. Could you repeat it, or fill in your aquarium info?

3. OP
    OP
    g

I have 2 mollies, a guppy, a gold algae eater, and 3 snails.

4. ghardin

ghardin Valued Member Member

the only difference is that tropical fish like warm, heated water, while goldfish like cold/room temp water

5. OP
    OP
    g

Can I keep the minnows with the tropical fish?

6. Mrs.Price

Mrs.Price Valued Member Member

That poor goldfish should not be in a bowl, goldfish get BIG, goldfish need at least a 20g tank and here is why:

GB_BIGGEST_Goldfish_470456a.jpg

Yes, you can keep the minnows with your tropicals... but PLEASE find that goldfish a better home, being in a small bowl like that could stunt him, deform him, or kill him. When goldfish don't have the room they need, their outsides may not grow, causing deformations, but their insides will keep growing, and this causes death.

7. OP
    OP
    g

I just found a tank for the goldfish.

8. Mrs.Price

Mrs.Price Valued Member Member

Awesome!! :happy0064::party0011::;hf

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice