Minimum Title Character Limit?

WrenFeenix

I keep getting messages that the titles for my posts aren't long enough. An 80 character title seems excessive.

This section happens to have a 10 character limit.

ChrissFishes01

Well, it's mainly to encourage people to provide information, I think. 80 characters really isn't that much, especially when so few problems are cut and dry enough to be explained (or answered) in less than a couple sentences. Usually, super short questions are just followed up by replies that sum up to "We need more info to help!" - I think that's the reasoning behind it.

Unless you're saying that the actual title (topic title) requires that - I've definitely never experienced that.

WrenFeenix

Well, it's mainly to encourage people to provide information, I think. 80 characters really isn't that much, especially when so few problems are cut and dry enough to be explained (or answered) in less than a couple sentences. Usually, super short questions are just followed up by replies that sum up to "We need more info to help!" - I think that's the reasoning behind it.

Unless you're saying that the actual title (topic title) requires that - I've definitely never experienced that.
It's requiring 80 characters to be in the title, not the post itself. And 80 character title would stretch across the screen.

ChrissFishes01

Ah, gotcha. What browser are you using?

Mike

WrenFeenix

BigManAquatics

Haven't created a new thread in some time, so no clue there. I do know a lot of threads require a minimum amount of characters now to comment, though :)

ChrissFishes01

I use Firefox as well. I'd make sure it's updated to the latest version, and hopefully Mike can help!

Mike

It's 15 characters minimum and 80 characters maximum for titles.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
TClare
  • Question
Replies