Minimum Tank Size

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IMO, i would look into a 40g breeder due to mollies also being a surface dwelling fish like the betta. But thats me.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
29g. The mollies need a 29 minimum and the cories a 20 long minimum. Just a heads up about the betta, they’ll need warmer temps than the mollies.

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Platylover said:
29g. The mollies need a 29 minimum and the cories a 20 long minimum. Just a heads up about the betta, they’ll need warmer temps than the mollies.
I'd politely disagree with this statement.

Mollies have done perfectly fine in tanks as warm as 82F, and I've always known them to be kept at tropical temperatures.

They might originate from some slightly cooler waters, but I'd definitely still consider them tropical.

PatientStars

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SBarrett312 said:
Also thinking about adding my Betta.
Be careful adding the betta in with the mollies. Both can be territorial, and my mollies tend to nip at any long, flowy fins when they decide to be bullies. I'd hate for you to lose a fish to an injury if they pick a fight.

_IceFyre_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I agree that a 40 breeder minimum would be a good idea; especially if you have true emerald corydoras and not the commonly mislabeled bronze corydoras as they get much bigger than most corydoras.

SBarrett312

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How big of an aquarium would I need for a school of kuhli/clown loaches harlequin rasboras 4 mollies 6 emerald corydoras and a Betta? Also how many loaches and rasboras are in a school?

Also a pleco

What tank size do I need for a pleco a school of clown/kuhli loaches and a school of harlequin rasboras?

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Clown loaches get a foot long so they need a huge tank as Fanatic said. If you were to go with kuhli loaches, a 29 gallon would be your best option. Without the pleco, a twenty gallon would work but plecos have large bioloads.
In a 29 gallon you could do something like this:
15x harlequin rasboras
1ox kuhli loachs
1x bristlenose pleco (or clown pleco)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom