Mini Meetup In Nj 2/16

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
coralbandit , KingD and I were planning on meeting up at Discus Madness in a couple of weeks (2/16) and thought meeting up with some more FL folks would be fun. Anyone interested? Tag some people!

Lchi87 ?

Lchi87

Sounds good. It’ll be good to see you guys again.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
NICE !
I like the 16th !
I look forward to meeting up with you guys again !
This will be cool !

OP
DarkOne

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Just met up with cadd this morning and he's in too.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
The owner likes for customers to make an appointment. This assures he is not at airport or just closed.
The second day I went he said around 2 and got their pretty close [I was early] .
He was at the airport picking up fish .
You want call Bobby?

OP
DarkOne

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
I'll call them to make sure. I didn't call both times I went and they were there but the doors are usually locked.

So 2/16 at noon everyone.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Rich said he is good for 2/16. This should be cool.
Hopefully I will have my deal on zebras at least locked in by then and will know exactly what I want I want/need to get !

cadd

Well Known
I've never been to discus Madness before and don't know anything about discus. But looking forward to it!

OP
DarkOne

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
cadd said:
I've never been to discus Madness before and don't know anything about discus. But looking forward to it!
Discus Madness – Your one stop shop for “Everything Discus & More"

They have much more than just discus. Pretty good selection of plants too.

Maybe we should meet up at a diner for lunch before heading over to DM?

cadd

Well Known
I'm cool with brunch/lunch.

I have to leave discus Madness by 1:30pm at the latest though. Have to get back home around 2pm.

OP
DarkOne

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
I figure eating before would be better for those of us that are buying livestock.

How about 11a at Mark Twain Diner? It's less than a mile from DM. For those that don't want to eat/socialize can meet at DM at 12p noon.

Mark Twain diner
1601 Morris Ave
Union, NJ 07083

Discus Madness
1010 Jeanette Ave
Union, NJ 07083

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
DarkOne said:
I figure eating before would be better for those of us that are buying livestock.

How about 11a at Mark Twain Diner? It's less than a mile from DM. For those that don't want to eat/socialize can meet at DM at 12p noon.

Mark Twain diner
1601 Morris Ave
Union, NJ 07083

Discus Madness
1010 Jeanette Ave
Union, NJ 07083
I’ll be at the diner at 11 ready to grub lol

cadd

Well Known
We're still good for tmr? I'll meet you folks at the diner at 11am?

Coradee

Have a great time everyone, psst if someone wants to buy me a plane ticket I’m there! Lol

OP
DarkOne

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
I confirmed with DM and they're open from 11am to 5pm tomorrow. They will be expecting us around noon.

Coradee said:
Have a great time everyone, psst if someone wants to buy me a plane ticket I’m there! Lol
You would love their corydoras selection.

OP
DarkOne

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
I'm going to start packing plants for tomorrow. Anyone need a microworm culture? Mine are in oatmeal and active dry yeast. I just started another 2 a few days ago so it's fresh and not smelly .

cadd

Well Known
Anyone interested in 2 EBAs? They're a little over a year old. These are the EBAs that DarkOne gave me last year.

They are healthy and have never been sick. But eventually, they'll out grow my 55 gallon tank.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
DarkOne said:
I'm going to start packing plants for tomorrow. Anyone need a microworm culture? Mine are in oatmeal and active dry yeast. I just started another 2 a few days ago so it's fresh and not smelly .
I'll try some lol

OP
DarkOne

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
cadd said:
Anyone interested in 2 EBAs? They're a little over a year old. These are the EBAs that DarkOne gave me last year.

They are healthy and have never been sick. But eventually, they'll out grow my 55 gallon tank.
:O

They should be fine in a 55g. Are you looking to get other stock?

KingD said:
I'll try some lol
I lied. They do smell a little but not too bad. I added a small pinch of active dry yeast for a kick start.

These are the containers I use for my cultures.

I had some lower walled ones but they climbed up to the lid and blocked the holes I made and killed themselves o_O.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Smell doesn’t hurt me lol they’ll stay down in my fishrokm anyway so it won’t bother me

cadd

Well Known
DarkOne said:
:O

They should be fine in a 55g. Are you looking to get other stock?
Yes, I do plan on getting new stock. Haven't decided what yet. I noticed they were beginning to harass my zebra danios. So I moved the school of zebra danios into my 10 gallon QT tank for now.

So right now, I only have 4 EBAs and a BN Pleco in the 55. I do prefer to have a school of fish with them to make the tank look more "busy". The tank looks so empty with just 4 of them right now.

So right now it's just 4 of us for the diner right? I don't know how busy they are at 11am. If I get there before 11am, I'll try to get a table for us first.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
cadd said:
So right now it's just 4 of us for the diner right? I don't know how busy they are at 11am. If I get there before 11am, I'll try to get a table for us first.
I think so. I'll probably get there close to 11am too

stella1979

Super jelly... and only telling you guys to tag in here so I don't miss the pics! Sounds like a great time and I hope everyone has fun!

OP
DarkOne

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
cadd said:
Yes, I do plan on getting new stock. Haven't decided what yet. I noticed they were beginning to harass my zebra danios. So I moved the school of zebra danios into my 10 gallon QT tank for now.

So right now, I only have 4 EBAs and a BN Pleco in the 55. I do prefer to have a school of fish with them to make the tank look more "busy". The tank looks so empty with just 4 of them right now.
If you can wait a few months, I can give you some trifasciata rainbows. Lchi87 is first in line and then KingD so you'd be 3rd. I can't see more than a handful of fry left in the main tank but I have over 50 in the 2L floating container. They're just over a month old and they're eating microworms and some are even big enough for the decap brine shrimp. There's still a few runts left but I haven't had any losses in the last few days so it looks like most will survive. I have 4 fry that are almost 3 months and they're about 1" so it'll take a while but they're beautiful rainbows.

Your neon tetras are doing great with my 3 survivors.

cadd said:
KingD said:
I think so. I'll probably get there close to 11am too
I'm about 30m away so I'm planning on leaving here around 10:15a.

Lchi87

No diner for me but I’ll meet you guys at the store at noon!

OP
DarkOne

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
cadd said:
We're at the diner. Anyone else coming?
I'm here, where are you?

Great seeing everyone today!

coralbandit entrusted me to get these guys to breed. I've heard they're seasonal spawners so we'll see. I'll probably move my other 6 in with them to see if it helps. I set up this 20 tall with no real purpose in mind. I had extra stuff and slapped it together a few days ago. I'll grab a few cups of gravel from my other tank to help cycle faster but there's media in the little pump/filter and I'll probably do daily water changes to help them get in the mood (as well as play some Barry White).

2019-02-16 16.20.45.jpg

Lchi87

So much fun today! Here’s some photos:
649B4DF4-2984-40B5-AD47-DF4D72692DAE.jpeg

Mesmerized!

506067E0-8258-43C6-B8DA-2ED2303E7D42.jpeg

8E460B74-8ADD-4DF8-80CC-C4675B19D69C.jpeg

Learning the secrets...

5132E67C-1454-4637-89F9-D36F0934C74B.jpeg

Discus whisperer KingD

5A7F0276-C37B-4AF1-9050-2EF3AA949907.jpeg

To buy or not to buy..

CFA09F99-077F-4DE1-9AFB-D4CE90EBB822.jpeg

New fishies! Just not mine

AF8D9869-5BDF-4038-8DEC-4148F844B908.jpeg

Talkin’ shop

179178FB-8C82-47E1-AA56-32AE8F3177CA.jpeg

Not my most flattering angle but I was struggling to get everyone in frame :hilarious:

cadd how are you in none of these?

Thank you coralbandit for this rad shirt!
C7DFBF0F-F16D-4925-AE88-02FB29C3B84E.jpeg

cadd

Well Known
It was great seeing/meeting everyone. Sorry, I had to leave super early. Needed to get home by 2pm =(

NYFishGuy

Well Known
Lchi87 said:
So much fun today! Here’s some photos:

8E460B74-8ADD-4DF8-80CC-C4675B19D69C.jpeg

Learning the secrets...
Looks like fun, anyone know what size tanks those are top left? gallons/dimensions

Lchi87

NYFishGuy said:
Looks like fun, anyone know what size tanks those are top left? gallons/dimensions
coralbandit would probably give you the best answer

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
It was nice seeing/meeting all of you! I got a lot of pictures to post so that will be in my tank thread Also got new fish for the fish room

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
NYFishGuy said:
Those are Deep Blue betta tanks . Those are 18" long so 3.27g I run 2 of those over some of my 40Bs..Got 6 !
I was mesmorized just about the whole time ! The fish are overwhelming .
I almost left with discus ! I almost left a few fish I had not thought of ..
I super enjoyed meeting everyone a ton .To meet up again and add the group from the fall was awesome .So fun I'll spill the beans and take the blame if wrong on one of the next meetings.
I heard at the auction last weekend the Aquatic Expo was signed for the next 3 years at the Meadowlands …
It would be nice to get a good group together for that .
Lchi87 you make that shirt look good !
I am so glad you got pictures of us in there .. GREAT!

Lucy

How fun to meet with friends that have a shared interest in the hobby!! No one rolls their eyes when you gawk at fish lol
Discus are such majestic fish. I could watch them forever. (almost)

Great shirt btw!

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom