Mini hairy grass seed?

Fisheroo

Reaction score
Hi guys, im new here. Was actually browsing on google trying to find out more about this "MINI HAIRY GRASS" seeds which i bought online. I went to my local aquarium store, and even they have never heard of this "mini hair grass" thing. But i became interested with it as i only want to carpet my whole tank with low growing plant. It was described to grow 2-3cm max. So i thought what the heck, why not just give it a try and started growing them dry start in my 14Gal tank on the 14th April. They are cheap anyways. So today as of 20th April, they are growing well in the tank. It doesn't grow straight up like the dwarf hairgrass, instead it has abit of curl and flat shaped from mid to tip. They do look pretty. My concern now is, what will happen after i fill up the tank?Will they be able to survive, especially through out the cycling process. Im going to fill up the tank in about a week from now once they have fully carpet, and hope all goes well.

Have anyone else grown this mini hairy grass? Any tips would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

Danny002

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fisheroo said:
Hi guys, im new here. Was actually browsing on google trying to find out more about this "MINI HAIRY GRASS" seeds which i bought online. I went to my local aquarium store, and even they have never heard of this "mini hair grass" thing. But i became interested with it as i only want to carpet my whole tank with low growing plant. It was described to grow 2-3cm max. So i thought what the heck, why not just give it a try and started growing them dry start in my 14Gal tank on the 14th April. They are cheap anyways. So today as of 20th April, they are growing well in the tank. It doesn't grow straight up like the dwarf hairgrass, instead it has abit of curl and flat shaped from mid to tip. They do look pretty. My concern now is, what will happen after i fill up the tank?Will they be able to survive, especially through out the cycling process. Im going to fill up the tank in about a week from now once they have fully carpet, and hope all goes well.

Have anyone else grown this mini hairy grass? Any tips would be very much appreciated.
Honestly it just looks like regular grass to me.

OP
F

Fisheroo

Reaction score
Danny002 said:
Honestly it just looks like regular grass to me.
Yes i have to agree to that. Nothing special really, but since its already planted, im just gonna have to go along with it now

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Aquatic plant seeds have been around for years and as far as I've seen none ever grow into what they claim to be, a lot of the time they may die upon filling the tank. Sometimes they do fine underwater but grow quite large, into stem plants. They don't spread by runners, so not a true carpeting plant. :(

I really like your hardscape, by the way! Iwagumi?

New Threads