mini cycle? help!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Yisel Perez, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Yisel Perez

Yisel PerezValued MemberMember

I have a 40 breeder that was cycled and had mollies and angel and cories in there. I got rid of them and put in two fancy goldfish (higher bioload) Of course this caused a nitrite spike and some people are saying the tank wasnt cycled. what can i do with these guys in there. I always chose to do fishless cycle but i'm forced to work around these guys now.

current parameters are
    0ppm ammonia
    2ppm nitrites
    10 -20bnitrates

2. Bithimala

BithimalaFishlore VIPMember

Water changes to get the nitrites lower, below 1ppm, and dose Prime for the whole tank volume. I would also then run the standard 7 day stability like you would if you were starting up a new tank to help speed through everything.

I've done that exact process through a mini cycle before based on advice from others on here CindiL and it worked like a charm, no loss, and I didn't even really see any stress :)

3. OP
    OP
    Yisel Perez

Yisel PerezValued MemberMember

i'll try that. i have some TSS coming and i was actually going to get stability as well.

4. Bithimala

BithimalaFishlore VIPMember

Ah, I just looked at what you had listed in your profile and figured you had the prime and stability on hand :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice