MINI BUSHY PLECO

capper

Reaction score
We just bought 2 small Mini BUshy Plecos at a local pet store. The plan is to put them into our small 6 gallon tank for the time being as we only house 3 Guppies and a few Cherry Red Shrimp. We wanted a catfish or 2 to keep the tank clean. Anyway, we already have 2 Albino Bushy Plecos, 1 in our 16 gallon community tank and another in our 46 gallon community tank. They have been fabulous fish for a few months now. They are very hard-working (great cleaners) and they don't bother any of the other tank occupants.

Can anyone tell me anything about these Mini Bushy Plecos? Why have I read that a larger tank is required for Plecos when they are mostly sedentary, quiet fish?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Do you mean you have an albino Bristlenose catfish? This fish grows to around 5 - 7" in length and should be housed in something at least around 30 gallons.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you have pics? We would love to see them I don't know of any bushynose or bristlenose that are under five inches. I raise albino, long-fin and goldspot bristlenose(same as bushy nose). A good place for info is www.planetcatfish.com
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom