Mini Bow 1 Gallon Filter Question.

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
IMO that tank is too small for 75 snails. But to answer your question, the filter won't keep up with all those babies. Since snails have a medium bioload, that filter is too weak. I used to keep 7 guppy fry in my 2.5G MiniBow but I still had to do water changes often because those Minibow filters are so weak

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
RainBetta said:
IMO that tank is too small for 75 snails. But to answer your question, the filter won't keep up with all those babies. Since snails have a medium bioload, that filter is too weak. I used to keep 7 guppy fry in my 2.5G MiniBow but I still had to do water changes often because those Minibow filters are so weak
I need something small as it'll be my 4th tank set up in a very small apartment. I'm also looking at the 2.50g with a HOB filter idea. These are feeder snails so want a cheap tank set up.

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
psalm18.2 said:
I need something small as it'll be my 4th tank set up in a very small apartment. I'm also looking at the 2.50g with a HOB filter idea. These are feeder snails so want a cheap tank set up.
Oh! That makes sense now! Just curious, are you planning on breeding the snails???

Sponge filters work great for snail tanks! If you had both filters in the 1 gallon you might be fine. I'd still bump up the size though depending on how often to feed your snails to your fish

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
RainBetta said:
Oh! That makes sense now! Just curious, are you planning on breeding the snails???

Sponge filters work great for snail tanks! If you had both filters in the 1 gallon you might be fine. I'd still bump up the size though depending on how often to feed your snails to your fish
I'm going to use the 2.50g tank with a Deep Blue nano HOB filter.
I don't "plan" on breeding but I'm sure I can't stop it. Lol

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
psalm18.2 said:
I'm going to use the 2.50g tank with a Deep Blue nano HOB filter.
I don't "plan" on breeding but I'm sure I can't stop it. Lol
Yeah... I guess I meant like having a constant supply of new snails. So yeah, the 2.5G sound good

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom