Minerals For Freshwater

Umar

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Hello
My tap water has 25 nitrates so I purchased RO unit for filtration. I want to ask what is the best product to add in RO water to remineralize and raise ph. Also to have a stable PH.

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reactions
Experience
4 years
I use Seachem Alkaline Buffer to keep my pH stable. You can use Seachem Replenish or Equilibrium to re-mineralize. You'll want to monitor your KH, GH, pH regularly after you start using the RO water and these products.

AvalancheDave

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Barr gH booster. You can buy it or make your own. The formula is open source. For kH, you can use baking soda or calcium carbonate.

OP
Umar

Umar

Reactions
Experience
Just started
I can't find seachem products in germany :\

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reactions
Experience
5 years
Oh ok, well there are other products out there. For GH you are looking for a product with mineral salts in it like calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride. If you see an additive for cichlids tanks that will work as well as they usually contain mineral salts and buffers as well.

For Kh you are looking for carbonates in a product. If you don't see anything then you can use plain baking soda, or bicarbonate of soda it might be called that you use in cooking.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom