Mineral Deposit On Tank

Snailerator

Reactions
I have a ton of stubborn mineral deposits on my tanks rim. Do any of u have a good way to get this off? Thanks!
1565021676251.jpg
1565021690997.jpg
1565021703997.jpg

appcontrol

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
1 year
Just use razor or I heard that ph- dissolve mineral deposits but I didn't try.
Good luck.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
I clean gritty tanks for storage by dumping 1 gallon white vinegar per 10 gallon tank volume) top the tank off (clear to the very top) with hose water, drop the glass tank lid in, cover it tightly with a piece of plastic (like a piece of old shower curtain) and let it sit on my patio in the sun for 5-7 days. I'm all about energy conservation (mine) aand this method works great! That stuff will mostly wipe off, minimal scrubbing if you let the vinegar and solar heat do the work!

fjh

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
If the tank is empty, use vinegar and a toothbrush. If you still have inhabitants in there, I would carefully use a razor and make sure not to touch the silicone.

OP
Snailerator

Snailerator

Reactions
fjh said:
If the tank is empty, use vinegar and a toothbrush. If you still have inhabitants in there, I would carefully use a razor and make sure not to touch the silicone.
Well I'm making it into a crested gecko tank. No fish in it. I tried vinegar and a cloth and it didn't work. It really tough. Thanks!

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
I would use a razor. Spray it down with water and just hack at it. You’ll have to use some elbow grease.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Snailerator said:
Well I'm making it into a crested gecko tank. No fish in it. I tried vinegar and a cloth and it didn't work. It really tough. Thanks!
Vinegar works if you soak it the way I said. I've done at least 6 tanks that way. I live in the Saltwater desert, my GH is 380-400.

OP
Snailerator

Snailerator

Reactions
Momgoose56 said:
Vinegar works if you soak it the way I said. I've done at least 6 tanks that way. I live in the Saltwater desert, my GH is 380-400.
Ok, thanks.

New Threads