Mimic Tang Sick

Tfishkeeper

Looking for some advice about a new yellow Mimic Tang I got recently. He was doing great and then about 3 days ago his fin split. Now his other fin is split and his eye is starting to get cloudy. He's also just sitting around a lot. He's starting to turn black in some areas which I'm assuming is his normal color transition to adulthood. He's been eating great until this morning. Just fed the tank and he didn't eat. Another odd thing the Tang has been doing is resting up against a hermit crab.

I started using API Melafix 3 days ago. Things only seem to be getting worse. The other fish are doing well except a clownfish who's suddenly decided not to eat the last few days. I also recently lost a Coral Beauty Angel that was added with the Mimic Tang. He had the same thing starting with the fins, cloudy eye, and then he died.

Any ideas what this would be or suggestions to fix it? Water parameters have been good. It's a 125 gallon tank with 6 fish. The Tang is the biggest fish in the tank.

saltwater60

Post a picture of the fish with as much detail on the fins as you can.

Tfishkeeper

Post a picture of the fish with as much detail on the fins as you can.

Here's a few pictures. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5414.jpg
    IMG_5414.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5430.jpg
    IMG_5430.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5434.jpg
    IMG_5434.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 117

Tfishkeeper

After some more research it looks like it's flukes. I did a freshwater dip and a bunch of them fell off.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Spidey
Replies
Views
GreenGoose
Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views