Millionfish... Funny

1. Lacey D

Lacey D Valued Member Member

One more week of quarantine. And the 5 Endler I bought (and the surprise fry who hitched a ride in the bag), have multiplied to over 40.

You can see the big fry in the group of smaller ones. It has been amazing to watch him--and it's clearly a him now--color and change. Still only the black is slowly growing in at the minute, but there is clearly a bar and some tail spots. The rest are from two batches of fry, born a week apart, because the females were pregnant when I got them. And the momma of the first batch is looking like she could drop another brood any day now >_< I'm hurrying up their grow-out tank as much as I can, but cement backdrops take time to cure, darn-it :/
    So, some notes for the group--do NOT get female Endler unless you have a place to stick her and the babies. I had some experience with guppy before, but nothing prepared me for a species which does NOT eat their young, and where I have had a nearly zero mortality rate >_<

2. S

Small Tanks Valued Member Member

LOL, the ONLY way I would do Endlers is if I started keeping rams again, then I would tank them together and I imaging the rams would breed like crazy with a diet of endler fry :)

3. luckdown

luckdown Well Known Member Member

Rofl. Yesterday I woke up to an army of newborn fry myself.

But I'm bad and excess fry are food for my 17 bettas. Helps keep the numbers more manageable and my bettas love it.

My mom recently found out I do this though and she hates me now lol

4. S

Small Tanks Valued Member Member

When I kept cichlids I always fed my culls to them. I would rather at least have them eaten then have to kill them myself.