Millenium red rainbowfish

Wobbegong

I am planning in getting some millennium red rainbowfish for my 125 gallon planted aquarium and I am wondering if anyone has an experience with them. Im probably gonna get 5 or 6 with 2 males and 3-4 females.

altwitch

I'm not sure the differences but have some Irian Red Rainbows and are described as very similar. Sadly I lost 2 of my 3 males for unknown reasons early on. They are great community fish, very calm and a good partner to the 16 other species I have in my 120. Would not recommend based on eventual size for anything less than 40-55 gal as they are very active and need some swimming space. If you have any more specific questions happy to answer. The 4 I have left are doing very well and growing into the small head/large body morph that I think attracts attention. Someday hope to come across a couple males to replace losses.

chromedome52

Glossolepis pseudoincisus is much smaller than G. incisus. ANGFA species list says about half the size, 6cm vs 12-15cm. So while the color is almost identical, the smaller size makes the Millenium Rainbowfish much more desirable for average size aquaria. As it turns out, females of the smaller fish are also somewhat colorful, though not as brilliant as the males.

Wobbegong

chromedome52 said:
Glossolepis pseudoincisus is much smaller than G. incisus. ANGFA species list says about half the size, 6cm vs 12-15cm. So while the color is almost identical, the smaller size makes the Millenium Rainbowfish much more desirable for average size aquaria. As it turns out, females of the smaller fish are also somewhat colorful, though not as brilliant as the males.
Ive been looking but I am still not sure what colored up females look like. Also would 2 males and 3 females be good?

chromedome52

I would think that is a good combination.

Not really sure how to identify pseudoincisus females specifically, but I believe that if the back is silver/yellow and the lower part has red spots, then it is a female. Female incisus are usually silver with a yellowish green color.
Both species' females are generally smaller and thinner than the mature males.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom