Milky and Yellow water ? Is Bio Chem Zorb Safe for a new fish tank

Roums

I just started my 4FT Freshwater tank cycle 1 week ago, I added in but unfortunately didn't wash my substrate good enough(crushed coral) I had it in my Marine tank before, I added driftwood (after soaking for 1 week and boiling it 6 hours) still leeching tannins though also added 15kg Texas holly
At the moment my water is Yellow stained due to the Driftwood and Cloudy as due to the bacterial bloom.

I'm thinking a combination of a bacterial bloom mixed with the debris that wasn't cleaned in my substrate also the tannins leeching and the texas holly is making the cloudiness heavier than usual

Though everyday it clears abit , My question is once the cycle is complete ill add carbon/Bio Chem Safe or something alike to get rid off the tannins and cloudiness or can I add them in my cannister filter now ?
You must be registered to see images

Nitrogen Test;
Ph - 8.0
Ammonia - 1.0ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 0ppm

Filtration;
I have 2 SunSun Canister filters
one at 1400 L per hr
one at 2400 L per hr

Blueberrybetta

The yellow tint is from the tannin like you already stated. You can go ahead and add some activated carbon, it will remove any tints in the water. The cloudy water is most likely from the crushed coral. Activated carbon will help clear that up as well and a water change as well. however since you are cycling your tank I dont recommend any water changes. I would let the water settle more , but it wont affect the cycle. I would dose more ammonia though. Ammonia needs to be dosed daily between 2ppm-3ppm to keep the cycle going and able to convert to nitrites. Once you see nitrites, your cycle has started.

Upvote 0

Roums

The bio chem Zorb helped in 24 hours it got rid of the yellow tint,

Though the tank is still cloudy as you can see in the pic I attached is that okay ? Or needs attending

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
zooey
Replies
Views
Lorekeeper
Replies
Views
Sailfin
Replies