Mike's Aquariums - Page 3

Lucy

Wow Mike, nice video!

Hayo44

Wow Mike, really nice work. The tank is beautiful. Tell your son he did a great job

outlaw

Mike said:

These 2 pictures don't even look real!! Couldn't get any better.

Awesome Tank! I wish I had one

Corine

Wow. Just wow. Gorgeous photos, the colors are.unreal.

tropicalfishlover

Its beautiful

Mike

Updates for the end of August 2013:

Was supposed to have a frag growing contest with a buddy but he "accidentally forgot" about his frag while dipping it and it bleached. I think he was just scared he was going to lose Here is my frag for the contest

Dondomingo

Simply breathtaking Mike, amazing what you've done there.

psalm18.2

Dondomingo said:
Simply breathtaking Mike, amazing what you've done there.
Yes, STUNNING!!

ryanr

Mike - that's a perfect tank.

The Aussie Coral you've got, looks like maybe a variety of Goniastrea

troyvsc

Wow very beautiful. Great tank. Just stunning.

frampy

Awesome!!!

CyanidePie

It looks amazing!

macca

Jaw dropping!! I can't believe you can grow that in a tank. Absolutely stunning. I hope to have a saltwater tank in the future half as good as that. Maybe half is still a dream.. sigh.. 1/8th as good and I'll still be happy.

Malcolm

Sorry Mike but I will have to ask you NOT to post any more pictures as it will make me go out and spend way too much money that I do not have building a system that the landlord will evict me for having and that will lead to yet another divorce...........................................................................................

Seriously though.

Awesome pictures though sir, you are a real credit to the reef keeping community, well done.

Mike

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Hayo44

The Harlequin Shrimp doesn't even look real, more like a well done computer illustration.

Inspiring work Mr Mike!

fishynoob

does that shrimp have ... 8 legs? I may have just worked out why they give me the creeps!

macca

Hey Mike, can I ask you what type of bulbs you are using for your T5HO? Thanks.

Mike

macca said:
Hey Mike, can I ask you what type of bulbs you are using for your T5HO? Thanks.
I have an ATI Fixture that houses 8x54 watt T5-HO, but I only run 6 bulbs for the energy savings and the corals are growing great with just the 6 bulbs:

1 x Powerchrome Pure Actinic
2 x 10,000k (Giesmann I think?)
3 x Powerchrome Aqua Blue+

macca

Mike said:
I have an ATI Fixture that houses 8x54 watt T5-HO, but I only run 6 bulbs for the energy savings and the corals are growing great with just the 6 bulbs:

1 x Powerchrome Pure Actinic
2 x 10,000k (Giesmann I think?)
3 x Powerchrome Aqua Blue+
Thank you. I use only T5HO for planted tanks and get great results so, looks like it'll be the way to go for saltwater as well in the future. Giesmann brand bulbs are the best for T5HO in my opinion.

Mike

I really like T5's too. Everyone is switching to LED's it seems but I've been hearing some mixed reports on growth and colors of the corals. I do very much like the idea of the electrical savings though. I'm gonna wait til the prices come down more too on those LEDs.

JoshM

Loved all the pics and the clownfish video lol
Thanks for sharing Mike!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom