MIKE. New format not user friendly or mobile compatible.

1. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Mike, the new format is not mobile compatible. I'm finding the new set up hard to use. Was there a reason for the change? I miss the "new replies" button and being able to see the user's avitar. I don't like the envelopes. Sorry to sound like a complainer. Wanted to give feedback.;)

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I thought it was a bit easier to use on my phone than the last one lol But I have an iPhone, so maybe thats it....?

The new "New Replies" is under the "My Posts" tab. Theres a button that says "New Replies to my Posts."

:)

[​IMG]

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I think what Psalm is saying is to get to the New Replies button you have to go to the main forum rather than seeing it when you're already on the new replies page.
    Did that make sense? :p

4. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

The change happened because Mike upgraded the system. We were running on an older version of vBulletin. As with all system upgrades, there are hiccups as we get used to new things.
    There is a "New Forum Issues Log" where he's keeping track of the problems people are running into so he can get the forum running smoothly again.

5. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I don't have a "my post" option, it doesn't show up when using my phone. I have always used my smartphone to go online. I don't have a computer. Maybe the new set up isn't Android compatible? Is it a Windows format?

6. snapper Well Known Member Member

Tapatalk FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, yeah. Because when I refresh the page when I'm on the new posts page, nothing happens, so I have to click on a thread, and then reselect the new posts page. Its annoying :p

Weird.... o_O Maybe so...

I don't use TapTalk. I just use Safari on my iPhone lol

8. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I'm finding the site very easy to use. It just takes a little getting used to. What are we? Old fogies that can't handle change? Are we mice or are we men, or in my case, women? ;)

9. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I like mice =D

But I agree, once I got used to it, its easy. Not quite as easy as the only layout, and there are still a few quirks, but its not too bad =3

10. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I find its ease-of-use pretty comparable to the old version. I have an iPhone 4. (Using it right now, actually.)

11. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Glad that things are coming around for at least some of the members. As I mentioned above, there is an issues log. Mike does want to know if anyone is still having problems, and he will get to them as he can. He's made huge strides in making the forum usable again. It'll just take time to get the bugs worked out for everyone.

12. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Just thought I'd say that Mike said he was working on the whole no "my post" buttons when you are on certain pages.

Psalm: The site works fine on my dad's android phone.

13. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I thought he was, Dillon, I just didn't want to say anything and be wrong LOL

14. Heather12404 Member Member

I don't like that I don't have a "New Posts" button. It's hard to see all the new posts in all the sections of the forum. I miss the New Posts button. Please bring it back.

15. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

There is a "new posts" button. Just click "my Posts" and it's the first one under that.

16. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Works fine on my droid.

17. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I'm using now. Only thing I don't like is seeing who started the thread. Just shows who posted last. I look for threads based on avatars. Helps me know who's who.

18. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I still don't see the "my posts" on my DROID. Seems like the search and post options are on top of each other. Oh well!