Might or might not be funny?

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I didn't know where to post this still trying to navigate the new setup and been out of the loop for a few days with RL issues. But thought it would be cool to see what non-fishtank people say about everyones tanks when they see them. Ready go!

johnbirg

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IMG_20190812_183936487_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190812_183936487_HDR.jpg

A friend came over and it was the first time he saw my aquarium. The comment was " I've been to lots of aquarium stores but none of them had such realistic looking plastic plants"
Of course the plants are real.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
"Your tank has no colour!"

You know, because stereotypical fish tanks are just blinding fluorescent neon colours.
20191016_152241.jpg

Last i checked, green was a colour

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most just say that is nice ,if anything .. Not like they showed up just to see the tank ?
Honestly after enjoying watching the fish and saying what is their favorite like a child [ the blue one or the orange striped one ],thay have no interest in seeing any of the other tanks I have ?
I guess fish are a little different then dogs .You have to be a not dog person to not like dogs but it seems many who just don't keep fish have a hard time finding any of it interesting ?

Now what reaction do fish people have ?? Slightly different ...;)

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lately its been arent those fish supposed to be in a cup or vase. Ummm no they are fish they belong in a tank. And no they won't drown.

BlueRamChiclidLover22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Lately its been arent those fish supposed to be in a cup or vase. Ummm no they are fish they belong in a tank. And no they won't drown.
Yeah, all the stupid people will think they can put a betta in a jar or a goldfish. And, to make it worse my annoying sister wants a betta but she got one two years ago in a plastic container that was smaller than a quart!! She never took care of it or even fed it. I took care of the poor dude. He finally died and then my sister made big act out of it. She’s going off to college and I know she going to buy a fish and kill it! AHHHHHHHHH. Basically nothing makes me mad except this.

Sunflower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
1573092921316.png

"All that for a betta??"
"Those things can live in toilet bowls, you know."
"Don't your frogs need land?"
"ARE THOSE SNAILS????"
"This is a bit extra....."

My most common remarks on my 10g betta, ADF, and mystery snail tank

Sunflower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Btw what’s the light on your tank, it looks great for growing plants!
It's the Beamswork DA FSPEC 20" light I got off amazon. :)
So far it works wonders growing plants...... and algae lol. Not too sure the range of light it is (low-high) but I'm sure you could figure it out on the description on amazon. As in how many watts or lumens it is.
I've had it since last Christmas and haven't had troubles with it (fingers crossed)

BlueRamChiclidLover22

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's the Beamswork DA FSPEC 20" light I got off amazon. :)
So far it works wonders growing plants...... and algae lol. Not too sure the range of light it is (low-high) but I'm sure you could figure it out on the description on amazon. As in how many watts or lumens it is.
I've had it since last Christmas and haven't had troubles with it (fingers crossed)
It would be great for shrimp cuz the shrimp could eat the algae and the light would grow more, that is a REALLY bright light. Makes me feel sad that I paid $60 for a light half as bright as that. :/

Sunflower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It would be great for shrimp cuz the shrimp could eat the algae and the light would grow more, that is a REALLY bright light. Makes me feel sad that I paid $60 for a light half as bright as that. :/
Do you think it could grow high light plants? I only have very very basic low light plants in there and they are happy.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom