Might or might not be funny?

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
10,430
Reactions
10,400
Location
Rhode Island USA
Experience
3 years
I didn't know where to post this still trying to navigate the new setup and been out of the loop for a few days with RL issues. But thought it would be cool to see what non-fishtank people say about everyones tanks when they see them. Ready go!
 

johnbirg

Well Known
Member
Messages
500
Reactions
465
Location
Adelaide South Australia
Experience
More than 10 years
IMG_20190812_183936487_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190812_183936487_HDR.jpg


A friend came over and it was the first time he saw my aquarium. The comment was " I've been to lots of aquarium stores but none of them had such realistic looking plastic plants"
Of course the plants are real.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
kallililly1973

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
10,430
Reactions
10,400
Location
Rhode Island USA
Experience
3 years
johnbirg said:
IMG_20190812_183936487_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190812_183936487_HDR.jpg


A friend came over and it was the first time he saw my aquarium. The comment was " I've been to lots of aquarium stores but none of them had such realistic looking plastic plants"
Of course the plants are real.
Great looking tank. I thought the comment was gonna be how do you keep the plants and substrate flat going up the side of the tank ;);)
 

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,046
Reactions
5,711
"Your tank has no colour!"

You know, because stereotypical fish tanks are just blinding fluorescent neon colours.
20191016_152241.jpg


Last I checked, green was a colour
 

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
8,323
Reactions
11,303
Location
Saratoga NY
Experience
More than 10 years
Most just say that is nice ,if anything .. Not like they showed up just to see the tank ?
Honestly after enjoying watching the fish and saying what is their favorite like a child [ the blue one or the orange striped one ],thay have no interest in seeing any of the other tanks I have ?
I guess fish are a little different then dogs .You have to be a not dog person to not like dogs but it seems many who just don't keep fish have a hard time finding any of it interesting ?
yKvl20ml.jpg



Now what reaction do fish people have ?? Slightly different ...;)
 

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
15,482
Reactions
17,175
Location
pa usa
Experience
More than 10 years
Lately its been aren't those fish supposed to be in a cup or vase. Ummm no they are fish they belong in a tank. And no they won't drown.
 

BlueRamChiclidLover22

Active Member
Member
Messages
71
Reactions
32
david1978 said:
Lately its been aren't those fish supposed to be in a cup or vase. Ummm no they are fish they belong in a tank. And no they won't drown.
Yeah, all the stupid people will think they can put a betta in a jar or a goldfish. And, to make it worse my annoying sister wants a betta but she got one two years ago in a plastic container that was smaller than a quart!! She never took care of it or even fed it. I took care of the poor dude. He finally died and then my sister made big act out of it. She’s going off to college and I know she going to buy a fish and kill it! AHHHHHHHHH. Basically nothing makes me mad except this.
 

Sunflower

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,369
Reactions
1,561
Experience
1 year
1573092921316.png

"All that for a betta??"
"Those things can live in toilet bowls, you know."
"Don't your frogs need land?"
"ARE THOSE SNAILS????"
"This is a bit extra....."

My most common remarks on my 10 gallon betta, ADF, and mystery snail tank
 

BlueRamChiclidLover22

Active Member
Member
Messages
71
Reactions
32
Sunflower said:
1573092921316.png

"All that for a betta??"
"Those things can live in toilet bowls, you know."
"Don't your frogs need land?"
"ARE THOSE SNAILS????"
"This is a bit extra....."

My most common remarks on my 10 gallon betta, ADF, and mystery snail tank
Looks great
 

Sunflower

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,369
Reactions
1,561
Experience
1 year
BlueRamChiclidLover22 said:
Btw what’s the light on your tank, it looks great for growing plants!
It's the Beamswork DA FSPEC 20" light I got off amazon. :)
So far it works wonders growing plants...... and algae lol. Not too sure the range of light it is (low-high) but I'm sure you could figure it out on the description on amazon. As in how many watts or lumens it is.
I've had it since last Christmas and haven't had troubles with it (fingers crossed)
 

BlueRamChiclidLover22

Active Member
Member
Messages
71
Reactions
32
Sunflower said:
It's the Beamswork DA FSPEC 20" light I got off amazon. :)
So far it works wonders growing plants...... and algae lol. Not too sure the range of light it is (low-high) but I'm sure you could figure it out on the description on amazon. As in how many watts or lumens it is.
I've had it since last Christmas and haven't had troubles with it (fingers crossed)
It would be great for shrimp cuz the shrimp could eat the algae and the light would grow more, that is a REALLY bright light. Makes me feel sad that I paid $60 for a light half as bright as that. :/
 

Sunflower

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,369
Reactions
1,561
Experience
1 year
BlueRamChiclidLover22 said:
It would be great for shrimp cuz the shrimp could eat the algae and the light would grow more, that is a REALLY bright light. Makes me feel sad that I paid $60 for a light half as bright as that. :/
Do you think it could grow high light plants? I only have very very basic low light plants in there and they are happy.
 

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
7,347
Reactions
9,149
Experience
Just started
"Why is this one so small?"
Inked20190923_232622_LI23.jpg

My response:
shrug.jpg
 

BlueRamChiclidLover22

Active Member
Member
Messages
71
Reactions
32
Sunflower said:
Do you think it could grow high light plants? I only have very very basic low light plants in there and they are happy.
Those lights look rlly bright and nice.
U could probably have carpeting plants.

MissPanda said:
"Ewwww why did you put a snake in your aquarium?" - my mom


.....and they're kuhlI loaches.
I’ve always wanted a KuhlI loach but my mom said the exact same thing....
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
105
Guests online
2,066
Total visitors
2,171

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom