Might need some help.

1. TheCoolFish Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405720284.335094.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405720309.443186.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405720328.511836.jpg
    I am having an algae bloom right now. I think I have it under control. I have turn off my overflow tank light completely off. I have reduced the hours of my main light to: 6hrs blue 4hrs white and 18hrs night LEDs. I also have two 3inch pelcos in there. I did all of this today. No plants yet but I will have plants soon. I was wondering if there is anything else I should do or something I shouldn't do. I'm hoping I won't have to do the black sheet method...

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

A few days blackout won't hurt anything. I don't see any plants. But three plecos... what size is your tank? Even at the right size, you'll have to continue supplementing their diet.

edit: sorry, I still haven't learned how to read yet. 2x 3" pleco. got it now.

3. TheCoolFish Member Member

I have no plants an 2 pelcos. I'm planing on selling one once it gets bigger

4. TheCoolFish Member Member

No lights with or without a sheet

5. blusshed Well Known Member Member

No lights at all for a few days should either fix it, or at least stop the bloom.

Algae is annoying! Good luck!

6. TheCoolFish Member Member

Will it be safe to leave it unattended because i will be out of my house for a week

7. blusshed Well Known Member Member

I would think so yes as long as you have a fresh w/c before you leave to ensure that the water parameters are where they should be :)

And keep the light off while you're gone! :)

Good luck!

8. Marie1 Well Known Member Member

Just leave the lights off until you have plants. The fish do fine with ambient light. The plecos will be fine with you being gone for a week. Just leave the light off, and it should be clear when you get back.

9. TheCoolFish Member Member

Ok thank you I look forward to getting back

10. mg13 Well Known Member Member

I do that often...lol

11. TheCoolFish Member Member

Lol just got back the water is still not clear but it's a lot better I can see the back of the tank now :) so I'm going to turn on the lights for a few days to see what happens

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum