Might Get Betta, I Have Some Questions.

ZebraFishLover

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone knew about a good, cheap betta tank.
Also, I already have a tank (zebra danios) could I put some of their water in my betta's tank so I don't have to cycle it? or would that damage my zebra danio tank's cycle? or would it not count as cycling?

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I’d get a 5g or 10g kit and buy a seperate adjustable heater. If you go to Petsmart you could likely find a good kit and buy the heater for $60 not counting decor and substate.
Adding water from one tank to another is going to do nothing to cycle it. Adding some media may jump start it, but I think just getting some bacteria from the store may be easier. Taking water from a tank is pretty much just a waterchange... it wouldn’t do anything to harm the cycle.

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have 3 of the tanks that I have linked below. For a single betta, they work well. You will see this tank on here a lot. You will need a heater.

I have a couple of these as well, but I'm not crazy about them. The flow is far too strong for a betta. It would need a heater as well.

KyraNarwhals

Reaction score
For me, my betta is in a 5 gallon tank. It’s recommended to cycle your water but I’ve never cycled my water and they have lived perfectly fine. My tank was ~$25, I just ordered it off Amazon.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
KimberlyG said:
I have 3 of the tanks that I have linked below. For a single betta, they work well. You will see this tank on here a lot. You will need a heater.

I have a couple of these as well, but I'm not crazy about them. The flow is far too strong for a betta. It would need a heater as well.
I have the 3.5 gallon Enchant shown by the first link and it is working well. I put a TopFin 20 watt Betta heater in it and it works good too. The filter flow is not too strong and if you fill the tank to the bottom of the black rim, it goes over the filter outflow and the only real current you get is across the surface which is the best anyway. I also put a switch in the filter cord so I can turn it off at feeding time. My Betta seems very happy with his home and I swear his tail has gotten bigger . Actually I think he's a little bigger overall than he was when I got him 3 weeks ago.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom