Might Be Mating Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by AidanG20G, Apr 11, 2018.

1. A

AidanG20G New Member Member

My male sword keeps chasing a female and not tail nipping but just chasing idk if they are mating but they have been chasing for a while and still nothing. What to do? Are they mating? (Watch this video)

oops no vid sorry here is a photo. Sorry it’s blurry but In the photo the male fish (top) is chasing the female. (Bottom) as I post this they are still chasing each other [edit] both of the females except one (3 females in tank) are fat might be pregnant but haven’t seen anything for about a month now

Can someone please help

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
  2. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, they generally only think about eating and mating, and they do zoom around quite a bit in the pursuit of either ;)

3. OP
    OP
    A

AidanG20G New Member Member

Alright so should I be having fry soon my tank is good no deaths recently at all

4. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

He is likely chasing her as she gets closer to her due date to be able to father her next offspring, they have a very short window to be able to breed successfully after the female gives birth otherwise the previous male mated with will be the father.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice