Might be getting a 150 gallon tank!

1. s

superbutterfly12 Well Known Member Member

Found a great deal on craigslist for a 150 gallon tank and stand! Going to check it out Sunday, squee! :;banaman

I'm thinking this will be my roseline shark tank!

Other than about 8 roselines...what would you put in there? Happy in the low to mid 70s temperature wise.

2. peregrine

peregrine Valued Member Member

HAHA with where you live I was probably looking at he EXACT same one. My wife told me no because we don't have room for it.. ((if it is the $300 one near 80 and truxel))

3. OP
    OP
    s

Oh my gosh that's too funny. It is the same one!

4. peregrine

hmm looking more. There is a 130 for $160 in south sac... with stand... ((posted yesterday)

5. OP
    OP
    s

That'll fit at your house right? :) I did not ask hubby if i can have it. So if i get it we'll find out how mad he gets lol

6. peregrine

HAHAHAHA...My wife didn't like the idea of getting rid of our second couch for a large fish tank.... And have had to negotiate with her for another tank. Like I want a 50-65... she wants a puppy.... I want a 200+ SW reef... she said when we buy a new house ((yeah she's loving the new addiction..))

EDIT: I tried the "it's for our daughter" and got the "I'm not dumb" look

7. OP
    OP
    s

Haha! Make sure the next house has plenty of spots for tanks! And get a puppy! Everyone loves puppies!

8. peregrine

Yeah this was a starter home. Next house will have room for more tanks... and yes we are getting a puppy.. that was the agreement. When she gets a puppy.. i get the larger tank..

9. OP
    OP
    s

I'm thinking a pair or trio of keyhole cichlids might work nicely with the roselines and some fun cave structures?

Looks like keyholes, sajicas, kribensis and bolivian rams are the only types of cichlids that might work as part of a cooler water community tank. What are you guy's experience with their personalities and behavior? Better as singles or groups?

10. OP
    OP
    s

Are there any other cooler water schooling fish other than danios and barbs? Tiger barbs are pretty vut fairly nippy or aggressive so I don't think i would want those. Do zebra danios school tightly while they zip around?

11. OP
    OP
    s

I've been doing tons of research today! Tentative stocking list:
    6 to 10 roseline sharks/denison barbs
    10 to 15 penguin tetras
    2 peacock gudgeons hoping for m/f pair.
    3 keyhole cichlids hoping for 1 boy two girls
    1m/3f swordtails
    8 to 10 cories either peppered or laser orange
    6 to 10 otos for algae control
    1 african leaf fish

If I get this tank i think I'll be working on set by August, soo excited about the idea of such a huge tank!

12. peregrine

Sooo did you get it?

13. OP
    OP
    s

Not yet hasn't texted me back yet today it's killing me!

14. OP
    OP
    s

I got it! I got it! It's beautiful!

15. B

Blk69 Valued Member Member

Congratulations.

16. peregrine

Congrats.. now my debate is how annoyed would my wife be if I rented a truck today and went and got the $40 75 gal in rio linda....HAHAHHAHAHA

17. OP
    OP
    s

Took my husband about two hours to notice my addition. :)

18. peregrine

Ummmm yeah.. would take my wife like negative 2 hours to notice. Somehow she would know before she got home... Oh and I have no problem admitting it.. most guys, including myself, are totally oblivious to changes if it doesn't directly effect us. One time when I as out of town for work my wife repainted our daughters room. Took me 4 days to notice the color changed... And I'm the one that goes and gets her up in the morning.

EDIT: and how did you get a tank taht large in and out of your truck without his help? ((guessing friends or kids?))

19. OP
    OP
    s

Offered the seller a delivery fee he had some relatives over. Took three guys.