microworms Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by broncosno1, Apr 2, 2010.

1. b

broncosno1 New Member Member

Can someone please tell me where i can get a starter culture that i can maintain here at my house. No local fish stores carry them. Some didnt even know what microworms are let alone for. Need help please. Thanks in advance

2. Betta Whisperer

Betta Whisperer Well Known Member Member

You can get them on Ebay.

3. OP
    OP
    b

I dont have an ebay account. Is there any online store? I found buymicroworms.com but they are not selling/producing microworms right now. This is so difficult. I swear, if i ever get a culture im gonna be a microworm tycoon. No one no where sells these things.

4. Betta Whisperer

What are planing on feeding them to?

5. OP
    OP
    b

my betta fry. ive been using this formula for egg layers. its a powdery substance from hikari. it leads to way to much waste and in turn too much cleaning. too much cleaning leads to me disturbing the fry. id really love to move to live foods. i have read it is more nutricious and much much cleaner since they can live up to 24 hours in the water

6. Betta Whisperer

Research has shown that feeding microworms only causes malformation or even missing ventral fins in betta's. I never use them but I know some do. I use infusoria the first week then I hatch BBS and feed that to them. They are big enough to eat them. But of course the choice is yours. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

7. OP
    OP
    b

Im not feeding them microworms exclusively. BBS are VERY ready available locally at just about any fish store. I can get the Microworms any where. Half the people i inquire about never even have heard of them. Ill find them.

8. Betta Whisperer

If you can set up and hatch the BBS yourself so you have live ones instead of the frozen ones that would be great. Live of anything is always more nutritional. I have two or three hatcheries going at all times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice