Micropoecilia Picta Red Morph, Breeding Pair $20, Riverside, Ca Want To Sell

1. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

It took many months, but I finally have a couple of young males coming into their colors and females ready to sell as breeding pairs. I'm asking $20. You can pick up in Riverside, CA, or I can drive up to 60 miles to delivery for an additional $10 for gas.

I also am selling hornwort $1 for 6 inches and frogbit 2 for $1.

2. Crafty Cichlid

Crafty Cichlid Valued Member Member

Do you think a pair would be okay with dario dario? I have an elephant ear female betta, that my sorority continually rejects, and am looking to rehome, (too flashy, probably looks male, and a bit of a punk herself, I'm thinking an endler pair would look really pretty. Willing to trade the female for a pair (or maybe some frogbit) if that's of interest, or I can just pay cash. I don't imagine shrimp of any kind would be an issue for endlers.

3. OP
    OP
    endlercollector

I think that the Pictas should be fine with a dario dario. They're not Endlers, however, although they could possibly hybridize with them and other poecilia, so I would keep them separate from such. If you want Endlers, I have breeding pairs available in the following N class color morphs: lime green $5, comma bar $5, red spot $10, blue star $20, snakeskin orchid $20, and flame tail $20.

I'm curious about your female Betta and would be interested in trading frogbit for her.

4. ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams Well Known Member Member

5. OP
    OP
    endlercollector

Yes, I do. Actually, I just tried shipping some to someone today. If they arrive there ok, I'll be willing to ship to you. They have to be packed differently from other plants as they float and die if packed with water. Send me a PM next week, and I'll let you know if I can mail to you.

6. Crafty Cichlid

Took me a while to get back on. I've been working many many many hours!

Them not being Endlers would explain why they don't look like Endlers! Are they still around?

This is a picture of her. Her left pectoral fin never healed, and is missing a segment, but she's doing well in the sorority again. I think I had an ugly male in with the bunch. When that one went back to the LFS, things calmed down with the ladies.

I am treating for dropsy right now, so I'll have to wait until treatment is done. The elephant ear isn't showing symptoms though, and Friday and Saturday will be days 6 & 7 of the course, so all should be well if you're okay with it. At first I thought one of them was just being a little Miss Piggy, until she swam into the siphon tube and I noticed the flared scales. Explains why peas didn't help her make a BM.

My post is a little disorganized, hope you can follow it well enough.

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    endlercollector

@Crafty Cichlid

Sorry not to reply till now, but I took my daughter camping at the Grand Canyon. Amazing trip!

How is the Betta doing now? Is she recovering well? My frogbit are doing well. I was able to ship 42 of them successfully, so I'm happy about that learning experience.

I still have the Micropoecilia Pictas. The boys' colors are coming in nicely. Whereabouts are you located?

8. Crafty Cichlid

I'm in Orange, between the 57 and the 55.

The betta with dropsy died while I was at work, but Tut Tut is fine; she's pretty, but tough. I'm continuing with antibiotics though.

Bacterial resistance is a threat to all life, so just as if it were my body, the tank receives the full course. Also, if one fish has it, they all have it, even if they don't/don't show symptoms, and I want it gone.

9. OP
    OP
    endlercollector

Sorry to hear about the one with dropsy not making it. Glad to hear that Tut Tut is doing well. Yes, I agree on finishing up with the antibiotics. It's always a tough call with meds.

I picked up a pea puffer today whom I decided to name Peony. They couldn't tell me at the LFS if it's a girl or a boy, so I decided to go with a girl name for now. S/he's quite young still. At any rate, I'm planning on putting your Betta in the tank next to her, so they can entertain each other from a safe distance.

At any rate, there's no hurry on my side if you want to wait till your Bettas are done with their meds and some time afterwards to make sure that they're all A-OK. Then I can make a trip out your way and try to line up some other errands along the route for the rest of my family.