Microlife - Vitamins & Amino Acid??

Discussion in 'Meds, Additives and Supplements Reviews' started by Sandiwich, Jul 25, 2017.

1. SandiwichValued MemberMember

I own freshwater fishes and one of my fish has no interest in eating and is stationary in one a corner of a tank... Does this product help reduce stress and help it gain some nutrients back? :(

Please give me some thoughts.

The product is Microbe-Lift: Vitamins & Amino Acid.

2. California L33Well Known MemberMember

You need to start at the beginning. Before you can treat the fish you need to know what's wrong with it.

What are the water measurements? ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are the big three. When is the last time you changed water, and how much did you change?

I'm looking at your profile and it says you've got about a 5 gallon tank with "Hatchetfish, fancy guppies, cherry shrimp, cories...etc" in it. I really suspect a water pollution problem, as that's a lot of stocking. It also says you're using aquarium salt. How much are you putting in, and for how long have you been doing it?

3. SandiwichValued MemberMember

I’m sorry I didn’t update my profile but I have a 70 gallon tank now with 6 hatchets and 3 mollies. The last time I did water change was 3 days ago, and I do 25% water changes once every week. I placed approximately 840 grams of aquarium salt. Nitrite, nitrate, ammonia are at 0. I have been preventing myself from over feeding the tank during meal times to avoid any unneccessary illness or problems with the water.

I just felt like the hatchet is being overstressed because of how active the mollies are. :/ The pectoral fins are drooping instead of pointing upwards, and I don’t know if this is a symptom but I can kind of see te gills poking out reddish color.

4. DiscusluvWell Known MemberMember

Hatchetfish are very shy, slow movers. They prefer slightly acidic water and temperatures around 79-80 degrees.
    The mollies are opposite: gregarious, fast, prefer hard water and temperatures around 75. The mollies will most likely stress the hatchetfish so much that they will succumb to illness. and out-compete the hatchets for food.
    I would decide which fish you like more ( re-home the others) and find compatible tank-mates. So all will be happy.

5. DiscusluvWell Known MemberMember

The other issue I see that is adding stress to the hatchet fish is the addition of aquarium salt. While the mollies thrive on the higher mineral content of salts in the the water, it is detrimental (stress- inducing) to the hatchets who come from water that is of low pH and low in mineral content.