Microbubbles Shooting Out Of Filter

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Christinet0, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Christinet0New MemberMember

hello everyone :)
    I don't know exactly how this works so please be patient.
    I set up a new magi 380 filter in my 60lt guppy aquarium and it has been shooting out microbubbles non stop.
    Could you offer any type of advice?
    Thank you :)

2. MikeRad89Well Known MemberMember

It's got air bubbles trapped in it. Turn it upside down and on its side while it's running under water and you should be able to expel the majority of the air.

3. Christinet0New MemberMember

Will do! Thank you! :)

Problem solved!
    Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
  4. JRSWell Known MemberMember

What are microbubbles? Do they look almost like dust particles floating in the air? I think my power head is creating them but not sure. I noticed yesterday and then saw this post this morning.

5. allllienWell Known MemberMember

Some filters have an adjustable thing on the top (or a little part you can add a tube to), to make it suck in the air and spit out tiny bubbles. If it has a little knob on the top, you may have accidentally adjusted it letting the bubbles in (if it didn't have bubbles coming out before). The bubbles are good though, I have mine adjusted to spit out maximum air ;) But yeah, if it's not normal for your type of filter, it's probably just got some air trapped in it, give it a shake/turn upside down in the water to expel the trapped air as mentioned above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice