Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Micro Bubbles Sitting At The Top Of My 10 Gal

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Foggy, Apr 18, 2019.

1. FoggyNew MemberMember

So I wouldn't say I am entirely a beginner, however I could know plenty more. I have a 10g setup that I have had for roughly a year. I have a mix of live and fake plants. its home to 4 corys and 2 platys. I have had these micro bubbles at the top of the water next to the glass that I cannot seem to get rid of. They've been there for maybe 4 days now. I did some research and started with replacing the filter, after 2 days I did a water change, no luck. Even after removing the bubbles that were there as best as I could. Tested the water and everything looks to be good. Everyone in the tank seem to be acting normal, no signs of stress. I don't think that soap is an issue given that i have a designated bowl for the fresh water. I haven't been able to find many answers outside of those. Any advice would be much appreciated!

2. fjhWell Known MemberMember

could you snap some pictures of the bubbles? one from too down and one from the side glass would be awesome.
    My guess your filter or something is creating lots of bubbles and the surface tension is preventing them prom popping as quickly as they usually do. pictures can confirm :)

3. FoggyNew MemberMember

Sorry for the view on the second picture, it's not really on the side of the glass so I did under them. Not sure why, the phone made the water look far hazier than it is.

Attached Files: