Micro bubbles on surface

eligri

Reaction score
Hi!

Noticed that my 125 gallon tank has tons of micro bubbles on the surface. They don't look like the usual protein bubbles my small 4 gallon gets. There is no oily film on the surface, the bubbles are only visible from the bottom, and all large bubbles from the air stone pop within a few seconds. Just tiny bubbles/grains of dust (not sure which) float on the surface.

This appeared after I did a 35% WC and redecorated the tank.
Decent amount of surface motion; airstone + 2 cannister filters pumping out along the surface. I do however see some tiny particles floating in the water.

All fish act normal. Appeared after a WC, so kinda doubt it's due to water quality? What could this be? Is it normal?

Cheers

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Micro bubbles are quite common after a water change. Sometimes thousands of micro bubbles will stick to the aquarium glass after filling up a new tank. I don't know the exact cause for the bubbles, but they are temporary & harmless.

OP
E

eligri

Reaction score
A201 said:
Micro bubbles are quite common after a water change. Sometimes thousands of micro bubbles will stick to the aquarium glass after filling up a new tank. I don't know the exact cause for the bubbles, but they are temporary & harmless.
Been 3 days though, no sign of reducing

OP
E

eligri

Reaction score
Went ahead and did another 35% WC. Probably just gunk from redecorating.

Another question, my sailfin pleco always seems to have a torn rear-fin. It heals, then torn again a day or two later. My Oscar kinda picks on him, and he also swims under logs/rocks quite a bit. Is it just normal wear; or is it something missing from his diet? It isn't fin rot, he'd be dead by now if that was it. Been like this for 6 months.

Been feeding him mainly whatever scraps is left after the other fish eat, algae wafers and cucumber/squash 1-4 times per month.

New Threads