Mickey or Minnie?

Cara

Can anyone tell from these pics if this is a male or female platy? I told them I wanted female but not so sure on this.Thanks

mimo91088

That's a male. Whoopsie lol

Willj626

Can you get a better picture of the bottom fins? Otherwise it looks like a male. Males have pointy analfins while. females have round.

Cara

mimo91088 said:
That's a male. Whoopsie lol
Yeah...he just curved up the analfin like I've seen my other confirmed males do. Ugh

Now I'm not sure what to do.

In my main I have 1f/2m. REALLY bad. Poor Luna is tortured. so I was getting 3 f to up the ratio to 4f/2m. Not great but better.

But with 3 and 3.... idk. If I bring him back...would they resell or kill. What a dilemma

Willj626

Cara said:
Yeah...he just curved up the analfin like I've seen my other confirmed males do. Ugh

Now I'm not sure what to do.

In my main I have 1f/2m. REALLY bad. Poor Luna is tortured. so I was getting 3 f to up the ratio to 4f/2m. Not great but better.

But with 3 and 3.... idk. If I bring him back...would they resell or kill. What a dilemma
Where did you buy him from? Petco and Petsmart resell returned fish after they quarantine, I can't speak to what local LFS do but I can't see why they'd kill him.

mimo91088

Could always just grab another female too. You want to look for a triangle shape connected to the body on the analfin. Anything that isn't a solid triangle would be a male. Let me know if you want some example pics and I'll take some for you.

Cara

Willj626 said:
resell returned fish after they quarantine
PC...that would make me feel better. if they didn't I'd keep him anyways....even though I don't want him darn...that sounds bad.

Cara said:
PC...that would make me feel better. if they didn't I'd keep him anyways....even though I don't want him darn...that sounds bad.
I'll give them a call. Thanks

Cara

mimo91088 said:
triangle shape connected to the body on the analfin
Thanks. I THINK I know what I'm looking for since I have confirmed in my main (she's had fry ) maybe they're too young in the store to tell

fishbreeeder

MALE 100%!

Cara

Willj626 said:
Where did you buy him from? Petco and Petsmart resell returned fish after they quarantine, I can't speak to what local LFS do but I can't see why they'd kill him.
The good news .... they will take Mickey back and let me wait a few weeks to get replacement. which is good cause I only have one q tank and I don't want to have to restart the clock on the others in there

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom