Mickey Mouse Platy - Feeding?

1. gillyweed Initiate Member

Hi there!

My 2 Mickey Mouse Platties LOVE to eat - I've heard so much mixed advice on how much to feed them. I've heard don't feed them every day, maybe every other day in order to keep the tanks ammonia down. My question: How often and how much is fair to feed them? I clean their tank once a week.

Thanks!

G

2. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

i feed mine every day so feeding then 1 time a day should be OK

3. gillyweed Initiate Member

Thanks a bunch! I also read the article that was posted - very helpful as well!

All the best - G

4. Jon Well Known Member Member

you could feed them 2 times a day to once every 2 days... vary there diet... alternate between flakes and frozen food like bloodworms... if your tank is cycled you dont need to worry about amonia just keeping your nitrates down... if its uncycled you might want to feed them relatively often and do frequent water changes because you need the amonia to cycle it

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Not much I can add :) I do feed mine twice a day but I think thats more for my amusement than their needs. just make sure to get any food they don't eat out and do water changes of 25% every week.
    Carol

6. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

mine were very enjoyable when i had them but they died :-[ so i think ishould get some more