Mexican orange dwarf crawfish missing a claw and 2 lwgs

coolio3991

Thank you in advance for the help.
So the other day I noticed 1 of my crawfish is missing 1 claw and 2 legs. So far it seams okay but I'm wondering when it will get its limbs back. I have 3 of them in my 10g with my betta. And the craws fight from time to time but I dont think that's what did this. He molted the day I noticed and I know it was him because it was in his favorite hiding place. Also it looks like there are small worms floating in the water. They look dead I dont see them moving around. But what should I do. When I see one I remove it asap. I use a hob Filter with the pillow stuffing a spong and bio balls. Non of my craws or my betta seam to be sick if I am right and one or all of them have worms what should I do. I put aquarium salt in the water will that help.

BigManAquatics

Could be detritus worms. Not sure if the claw will grow back, but i have caught enough crawfish in the wild for bait missing pinchers. I always assumed the did eventually grow back if they did love long enough.

Upvote 0

coolio3991

Could be detritus worms. Not sure if the claw will grow back, but i have caught enough crawfish in the wild for bait missing pinchers. I always assumed the did eventually grow back if they did love long enough.
Thank you what problems do those worms cause. Or are they safe for my craws and betta.

Upvote 0

Cinabar

Crawfish love to fight, and they have a taste for flesh. If one just molted, the others will come to investigate. They absolutely will tear each other's limbs off. Don't worry, the legs will grow back slowly, but if they fight too much they could easily kill each other.

Upvote 0

coolio3991

Crawfish love to fight, and they have a taste for flesh. If one just molted, the others will come to investigate. They absolutely will tear each other's limbs off. Don't worry, the legs will grow back slowly, but if they fight too much they could easily kill each other.
They have a few small fights a day. If one is in 2 manu fights it will climb a plant and hide for about 30 minutes then drop down from above for an attack on the closest craw then they go about there day it is really funny to watch they all love to fight but they get along well. I've watched them all gather for food sit there for a good 10+ minutes eating then they go on there way. But 30 ish minutes later if 2 of them meet up they fight very briefly but I've never seen a bad fight. I did find a claw on the ground but at the time they all had there claws so It had to be from 1 molting. I have noticed they eat the molted shells except for a few small parts they dont like. Now something I'm wondering will the craws eat detritus worms? I think I have a very small population of them in the tank. But idk I have only seen 1 maybe 2 and they were small but I havnt feed live foods or added any fish to that tank since I got the craws and I looked them over very closely.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
LylebuckyCasey
Replies
Views
coolio3991