Metro For Internal Parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassymomma

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
What is the best way to administer Metro+ for Internal Parasites?

This is the Med suggested at the fish store, given my Khulis, because it's mild.

It's a 38 gallon tank, and my Parameters run at 0/0/20

I tend to get one fish at a time sort of blow up over a week, then stop eating, then die. I wondered if it was a fish or water issue...was always the guppies. But I noticed the white stringy poop on the last one I lost, so I've decided to treat the tank.

The bottle gives instructions for a bath, but not for the whole tank.....

Stock:
1 guppy left
1BN pleco
6Harlequin Rasporas
6Khuli loaches
2Mystery snails
6MTS(adults-I know you never know about buried babies)

Five 97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sorry for your losses! If the fish are still eating, I would try treating with medicated food using the Metro+. I haven't used Hikari's Metro+ specifically, but I have used Seachem's Metroplex for the same application for internal parasites, and both contain Metronidazole. I would think that directly delivering the meds to the intestines of the fish would be more effective than throwing the stuff in the water column.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Best way to administer Metro is lacing the food. You would need something to bind the med to the food like Seachem Focus.
Seachem - Focus

I add metro to Repashy gel food mixture. I use Grub Pie and also add garlic juice to entice fish to eat the med. Make the Repashy as recomended, but let the mixture cool for 30 seconds to 1 minute, (so it's not boiling) before adding the Metro. Stir the Metro in well. You just don't want to add the Metro to boiling water. The Repashy needs boiling water to harden properly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 4 26.7%

Top Bottom