Metricide 14 Vs Excel

tjander

Just came across some threads on Metricide 14 which is supposed to be a good and stronger substitute for Excel in a planted tank. Has anyone used this with there shrimp? I know you have to cut back on the dosage as it is stronger. Any thoughts?

Coradee

Giving this a bump up for you

FishRFriendz

I use metricide 30. Pretty much double the concentration of excel. So I just dose half as much.

I did notice metricide 30 has a more fragrant smell tho. In any case I haven’t seen any ill effects in my high tech 20 gallon which is the only tank I use gluteraldehyde in, aside from spot treating plants when moving them from tank to tank.

tjander

Do you keep Shrimp?

Cichlidnut

I use metracide 14 day. Don't have shrimp though. Doesn't metracide 30 day have a surficant in it?

tjander

did you have good results compared to excel? I don't really understand the difference between 14 and 30?

Cichlidnut

tjander said:
did you have good results compared to excel? I don't really understand the difference between 14 and 30?
14 day is the exact same thing as excel, just a little higher concentration. The 14 day has no additives, I'm pretty sure the 30 day has a surfactant and should not be used in aquariums.

tjander

Thanks much.

FishRFriendz

Oh maybe that's why it smells... huh, well I'll have to get a different one then.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom