Message Count Not Increasing

Discussion in 'Forum Issues Log' started by DixieFish, Jul 16, 2019.

1. DixieFish

DixieFishValued MemberMember

Hello! I noticed this last week that my message count has not increased after the last several posts. I know not all posts count, which is fine, but I have over 60 posts in my content list and I'm starting to worry that perhaps I might have inadvertently broken a rule. I very carefully re-read the rules - thank you, Mike, I never did show my gratitude - in case I overlooked something, but didn't see anything that might affect post counts.

Is this perhaps a glitch? If I did anything wrong then I very sincerely apologize and I want very much to correct my action. I really do like this forum - its such a fresh breath of air compared to so many others.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
    DixieFish

2. Mike

MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Hi - yeah the welcome forum and game forum doesn’t increase post count numbers. Also, if you have back to back posts in a thread they might get merged together thereby lowering your post count. It’s better to use the edit button than do back to back posts most of the time. And sometimes the post counter jobs are slow in running if it has a lot of updates to make.

3. OP
    OP
    DixieFish

DixieFishValued MemberMember

Oh, thank you for clearing that up! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was so worried! Whew!

I can't resist saying hi to the newbies! Lol! Thank you again, Mike, you are awesome!

4. Orion1066

Orion1066Valued MemberMember

H
    Hi there, DixieFish. I have just started to understand how members advance through the communications steps. I a going to start watching mine more closely.

Also, if this reply helps your count, I am happy to have helped.