MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY1!!!!!

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

i just wanted to wish u all a merry christmas as i probably wont b in again until after it im off skool now 4 2weeks but i have alot of xmas shoppin 2 do next week so i'll b pretty busy so MERRY XMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C W :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Craig, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO !!! And to all of our friends on FishLore !

3. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Wishing you all a very jolly christmas too!! From me and all the fishies ;D

4. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Merry Christmas everybody! ;)

5. dahly Member Member

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivis! Peace and love to all!

6. Jason Well Known Member Member

Have a Great Christmas Everyone, hope everyone gets that bigger tank you've always wanted! ;D

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

What Dahly said!!! ;D Wishing the best for all!!
    Carol

8. dano569 Member Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :-* ;) ;D 8)

9. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

I have just remembered something with respect to the phrase "Merry Christmas." I live in New York and I don't suppose anyone here lives in New York too, so you probably don't know of New York's new (and most ridiculous) ruling. Listen to this: now in New York, stores and any other public places CANNOT hang signs that say "Merry Christmas." You can only say "Happy Holidays" but NOT "Merry Christmas." YES, believe it or not, this is true. The reason for this, the officials say, is that "Merry Christmas" is offensive (!!!) to those who are not Christian. I agree that there are people of all cultures and religions in New York and I do respect them all. But I think this ruling is a "bit" too far fetched. I don't understand how "Merry Christmas" can be offensive to non-Christians! I don't mind at all when people say "Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and so on" - these are most welcome to me. I understand that all people have their own religions and the right to wish a happy holiday - why would that be offensive to me? Let them have a great time. I think this ruling is very hurtful to those who are Christian. Now in New York, it's no longer "legal" to post signs saying "Merry Christmas"!!! Can you believe any of this? I feel it is a violation of the constitutional right of religious freedom. Just my thoughts.

10. dano569 Member Member

i agree with you totally,everyone should be allowed to put any holiday signs on your business you want.everyone worries too much about if someone will be offended or not.the way i see it everyone should respect other peoples preferences and not worry if they believe a different thing than you. 8)

11. dahly Member Member

I'm offended that our country has become too "politically correct."  How can a Merry Christmas,  Happy Hanukkah or a Happy Ramadan, meant to be celebratory and inclusive of others be deemed offensive?  Unfortunately, the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and a couple of unhappy individuals can and have tried to lessen the simple, honest joy of others.  If you are so inclined, pray for them.  If you don't believe in prayer, try to accept their opinion as their opinion and live your life as you choose to live it.  Merry Christmas to all!  Meant in the spirit of brotherly love!   ;D

12. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

isabella my sister lives in new york ;D but sadly i have never been there to see her :'( she does a lot of acting and studied in london and stuff like that-she is really fun :D

and also did anyone hear about the walmart thig? if you type in christmas on thier search thing, it said "you are being taken to our holiday page." but if you do hanukah or kwaanza it would just do normal. they got sued or something and htey had to fix it. i think that is "offensive" to christians! thats a little going overboard... :mad: in new york do they sing songs like "all i want for holiday is my two front teeth" and "we wish you a merry holiday" and "its beginning to look a lot like holiday"?

13. Craig Well Known Member Member

boyszo iv been busy but its the fun of christmas its gr8 all wrappin 2 b done on xmas eve!!!!!!!

C W

14. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! ;D ;D off from school 2day! until JAN 2!!!!! yay!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

15. dano569 Member Member

i remember when that used to happen to me. ;D that was the good ole days. :D now i only get one or two days off [maybe] :mad:

16. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

As one of those who celebrates the "other" holidays :D I am offended at the way the Christian holidays are treated! In our home we observe the holidays appropriate to those who are there. We have celebrated Christmas when we have had friends or other family here who are Christians. I live in a very small town in middle America and when I went to shop recently, I heard a woman employee at a store wish a customer "Merry Christmas, but PLEASE don't let anyone know I'm saying that!" She and her coworkers had been told that they were forbidden to wish anyone a Merry Christmas. Last year, when the school system put on the holiday program and they wanted to include Hanukkah and some of the other holidays, parents threatened to pull their children out of the program.
    I am so thankful for such a group as this, where this kind of nonsense does NOT exist. This is the most friendly, least confrontational, caring bunch of people on the net and you all have every reason to be proud of yourselves. Enjoy your holiday whatever it may be. Come back hale and hearty, safe and happy.

Merry Christmas,

Rose :D

17. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

It's the same with me Chickadee. I respect all cultures and religions. In fact, I once took a "world religions" class in my university and you wouldn't believe how much I learned from it. It taught me to even more appreciate all the religions. Believe it or not, I found many wonderful teachings in all of the religions that I studied about: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism.

I just can't understand how city officials can forbid someone from having a wonderful holiday. I have people of all cultures in my school: Christians, Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, etc ... and they're all wonderful people. It doesn't matter to me what religion a person has. What does it have to do with a person's personality? I think forbidding people from saying "Merry Christmas" is sending a very bad message to the public. It is the same as telling people "not to respect one another's cultures and religions". How ridiculous is that? Is that what officials want the people to behave like in New York City?

NYC is one of the most culturally rich cities in the world, and it is precisely why we need great respect and religious tolerance among the people here. Are they trying to divide the people? I simply cannot believe where all this is going. I say Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends, Happy Ramadan to my Muslim friends, and so on. Then why can't I also say Merry Christmas to my Christian friends? Aren't all people equal under our constitution? It is clearly a violation of our constitutional right to religious freedom.

First they're taking away the right to say "Merry Christmas". What's next? Taking away the right to say "Happy Hanukkah", "Happy Ramadan", "Happy Kwanzaa", and so on ... one by one? I wonder where all this will end.

18. dahly Member Member

Merry Christmas!!!!

19. joe Member Member

first full day off from school! ;D Christmas is awesome! u guys rock

20. Jason Well Known Member Member

HEHEHE I finished school at the beginning of Dec and dont go back until the beginning of Feb