Member Awards and Badges

Mike

I installed an add-on that allows us to award badges based on different criteria. I'm currently trying to get it configured and set up. Assuming you meet the criteria for an award, in posts under your name you should start seeing different badges.

These are the current badges set up (I will be adding more):
Liked By Many - When your posts have been liked over 500 times.
Article Contributor - Badge awarded after writing and publishing an article in the articles section.
The Lore in FishLore - Badge awarded when you get 10 or more best answers in threads.
Contest Winner - Get this badge when you win a photo contest.

You can show/hide your OWN badges if you don't want them displayed by going into your profile and selecting the badges tab (if you have any):

award-turn-on.JPG

Keep in mind though I'm still setting up and I'm enabling them all globally so you may have to turn them off again if I happen to reset it during this time.

I'm currently having issues with the add-on not grabbing all the members based on the different criteria I have set up.

More details once I get this all figured out.

StarGirl

I wonder if it will grab them when they sign in?

AcornTheBetta

I installed an add-on that allows us to award badges based on different criteria. I'm currently trying to get it configured and set up. Assuming you meet the criteria for an award, in posts under your name you should start seeing different badges.

These are the current badges set up (I will be adding more):
Liked By Many - When your posts have been liked over 500 times.
Article Contributor - Badge awarded after writing and publishing an article in the articles section.
The Lore in FishLore - Badge awarded when you get 10 or more best answers in threads.
Contest Winner - Get this badge when you win a photo contest.

You can show/hide your OWN badges if you don't want them displayed by going into your profile and selecting the badges tab (if you have any):

award-turn-on.JPG

Keep in mind though I'm still setting up and I'm enabling them all globally so you may have to turn them off again if I happen to reset it during this time.

I'm currently having issues with the add-on not grabbing all the members based on the different criteria I have set up.

More details once I get this all figured out.
I like the badges. They are cool. What ones are you thinking of adding? Also, lightmode ?

FinalFins

Badges arent showing up for me.

1605142142044.png

I have over 500 likes so im confused badges dont show up for me.

Mike

I wonder if it will grab them when they sign in?
Yeah I was thinking that might be the case but still looking...

I like the badges. They are cool. What ones are you thinking of adding? Also, lightmode ?

Not sure what you mean by lightmode? Once I get the current awards that I've setup working correctly I'll start adding others.

Also the most that will be displayed in posts will be 4 badges.

1605142142044.png

Yep I noticed the add-on didn't grab everyone correctly and I'm still working on things.

StarGirl

1605142142044.png

Nope Mike didn't grab them when they signed in........

AcornTheBetta

Yeah I was thinking that might be the case but still looking...

Not sure what you mean by lightmode? Once I get the current awards that I've setup working correctly I'll start adding others.

Also the most that will be displayed in posts will be 4 badges.

Yep I noticed the add-on didn't grab everyone correctly and I'm still working on things.
I meant you use lightmode lol. Ok. Will you be able to choose which badges get displayed if you have more than 4?

Mike

Ohh haha! Yes I use light mode mostly

Yes you will be able to pick the top 4 that display.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I noticed FishLore legend doesn't show a line under, unlike well known and others.

FinalFins

I wonder if I can turn off "Fishlore VIP"...

StarGirl

I noticed FishLore legend doesn't show a line under, unlike well known and others.
If you are on dark mode the purple blends in with the black. Its the same on light mode.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Will things like "Liked by many" and "The Lore in Fish Lore" have levels, like fishlore legend, new member, etc. ?

Leeman75

I noticed these before I saw this thread and wondered what was going on...I like it!

SouthAmericanCichlids

It would be cool to have tags showing how long we've been on FishLore. That would be cool! Or a badge saying we have sold fish on here.

Mike

Will things like "Liked by many" and "The Lore in Fish Lore" have levels, like fishlore legend, new member, etc. ?
No levels at this time.

It would be cool to have tags showing how long we've been on FishLore. That would be cool! Or a badge saying we have sold fish on here.
I just added the 5 year and 10 year awards. I like the idea of a trader type badge for those that use the buy/sell boards.

Ok, I've discovered a few things while working with this add-on. It only awards badges for active members that have signed in within the last couple of hours. That's why some older members may not have badges yet if they haven't logged into the forum in a while.

A job runs every 40 minutes to update these awards and assign them to members. So if you think you deserve a certain badge, wait an hour or so to see if it shows up and if it still doesn't show you can message me and I'll check it out.

To see a list of available badges you can visit the help section > badges. The help page link is at the bottom of every page.

You can disable these from showing in your posts by clicking on them and then selecting the bull horn looking icon to toggle them on/off.

bullhorn.JPG

SouthAmericanCichlids

I just thought of another one, reactions, this one might be good as tiered, because it is the other one displayed in specific number along with messages.

mimo91088

Cool idea. I've been thinking about writing an article for awhile. Maybe a shiny badge will finally motivate me. But im also pretty lazy. So we'll see!

Mike

I just thought of another one, reactions, this one might be good as tiered, because it is the other one displayed in specific number along with messages.
I'm not understanding this.. we have reactions counts already in that section?

Also, going forward if you get a badge you will have to manually toggle the display icon in the badges tab of your profile to get them to show. Hopefully the developer will update this at some point to display them automatically when first given out.

AcornTheBetta

How about a leader badge for reaching X amount of followers?

Mike

How about a leader badge for reaching X amount of followers?
Good idea, but the add-on doesn't have the ability to track followers. Maybe in the future if they update it we can do something like that.

StarGirl

Mike What happened to the trader badge? I thought that was a good one. Maybe go by trader history or something, not just a post.

SouthAmericanCichlids

How is the guru and hospitable person badges awarded.

StarGirl

How is the guru and hospitable person badges awarded.
The Mods award those

SouthAmericanCichlids

I think it would be cool for these that you nominate people for the badge, so it's less work on you. Maybe they say the person and a quote that they think qualifies them for it.

StarGirl

I think it would be cool for these that you nominate people for the badge, so it's less work on you. Maybe they say the person and a quote that they think qualifies them for it.
You can nominate people in a Pm to 1 Mod. The current guru's have been working with their current subject for years. They have had loads of good information for years on the forum. It is not a matter of a post or quote.

Ouse

I’m aware that this is an old thread but for the “liked by many” badge, does it count all reactions or just likes?

Kribensis27

I’m aware that this is an old thread but for the “liked by many” badge, does it count all reactions or just likes?
I believe it counts all reactions, although I don’t know for sure.

Ouse

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Everything that has the like button associated with it is considered a "reaction" - that can be inside posts or photos in the gallery or articles I believe. That Liked by many badge is tied to all reactions.

Ouse

Thanks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
2 3 4
Replies
Views
ayeayeron
Replies
Views