Melting problem

FishyChris

I set up a new tank plants from another tanks I took down. I have nutrient rich substrate and root tabs as well as liquid fertilizers that I use and I still seem to have far more plant melting than I've ever had. Recently purchased a new light and even tried adjusting my pH levels. I have plants melting that I've not had melt before and others melting to the point they die off. How do I stop/reverse this? My plants that seem to have died, will they produce new growth? Usually I don't worry about melting plants since its normal but I've never encountered this much melting in a tank at once before , and these are plants I typically have great success with.. advice ?

Freshfishguy

I set up a new tank plants from another tanks I took down. I have nutrient rich substrate and root tabs as well as liquid fertilizers that I use and I still seem to have far more plant melting than I've ever had. Recently purchased a new light and even tried adjusting my pH levels. I have plants melting that I've not had melt before and others melting to the point they die off. How do I stop/reverse this? My plants that seem to have died, will they produce new growth? Usually I don't worry about melting plants since its normal but I've never encountered this much melting in a tank at once before , and these are plants I typically have great success with.. advice ?
What are your water parameters? And just to clarify—the plants you added are already converted to submersed growth and are from older tanks that you took down?

Upvote 0

FishyChris

Yes, I took down a grow out tank and put all the plants in there in the new setup, brought half the water, the filter, plants, and and fish and added my nerites.
I will have to do a test. Everything is in the "normal" range, I don't know the numbers off the top of my head though

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishDin
Replies
Views
Cody
  • Question
Replies
Views
Deku-Cory