Meet Tiger

Amazoniantanklvr

He is a 6-year-old taby. Favorite thing to do: sleep. What he is doing right now: sleeping on my bed. What he eats(other than cat food): ceral, cheezits, waffels, pancakes, beef, shrimp, chicken, cat treats lol, noodles, pretzels, potato chips, corn chips, crackers, popcorn, and his tail. He likes to chew and lick his tail. lol Isn't he cute!?!?

TheDitherFish

absolutely adorable we have 2 cats

Amazoniantanklvr

TheDitherFish said:
absolutely adorable we have 2 cats
Thx. Can I get pics of your's?

TheDitherFish

Sadly I don't have any, but their names are Bucky and Marshmallow. I prefer Bucky because he is so much sweeter and dose not do the love bite thing that marshmallow does

Amazoniantanklvr

Male and female? Funny names! You are byist how dare you like one cat better than the other. Lol

TheDitherFish

both males and are brothers. I think their father was a cat we called buster that hanged around my house and then disappeared. I don't care if I am byist Bucky is better, he is also the better looking in my opinion

Amazoniantanklvr

I was just joking!! Usually sibling cats don't get along, interesting. What breed/type?

MissNoodle

Tiger is adorable!! I love cats, they are my people. Got 4 here myself lol 1 boy, 3 older girls. The one-eyed boy is just over a year old. The girls are 9, 10, and 13+

20181213_140220.jpg

20191217_204748(0).jpg

20191204_060736.jpg

20171005_103730.jpg

Amazoniantanklvr

Aww. What happened to him? My dad rescued tiger out from living under a tralier with his mom and brother. My mom had lost her 21-year-old cat the year earlier and was too heart broken to get another. My dad had to make the choice for her. Lol Tiger was all flee bitten and needed to be washed up. We (my dad and I) brought tiger over to my grandparents house to wash tiger up. We were still picking flees out of him for the next 3 months.
Edit: MissNoodle-I asked you a question

Amazoniantanklvr

More pics. I can't help myself he is do cute!!

Amazoniantanklvr

Anything for food! Lol

Mike999

Here's Willow. Having a grooming session.

Amazoniantanklvr

Mike999 said:
What else do cats do besides sleep, eat, go to the litter box and clean themselves? lol

Frisbee

Aww, tiger is super cute.
Shadow is a rescue/stray we found, so she is a bit quirky and super grateful.
0D206E09-426A-428D-9583-3EBAAFC1BFDB.jpeg

4C113ED9-E963-4CE7-9177-E7861D7CA421.jpeg

Frisbee

Some pics that actually capture her adorable round eyes. It’s funny how when you give a cat a nice, big, comfy bed they sleep on your dirty laundry.
72355F35-8D2C-476E-AEAD-E571E6BC7D4D.jpeg

7C142759-B60D-4EF3-ACC4-088CB66676D1.jpeg

E875EEF0-E3B1-4E5F-B57A-B2C9CCCA9E19.jpeg

8FE93CC5-4A39-412F-84F4-EA4B59DC9C9C.jpeg

D3487EDC-3244-4829-8D63-E44F9C5FB7DD.jpeg

Derek2408

Dogs rule. Cats drool

Frisbee

Derek2408 said:
Dogs rule. Cats drool
Dogs drool more then cats, that’s a fact (majority of cats that is, my cat has a drooling problem).

Derek2408

LittleBlueGuppy said:
Dogs drool more then cats, that’s a fact (majority of cats that is, my cat has a drooling problem).
Haha I was just quoting “homeward bound” chance says it to sassy the Siamese cat. One of my fav childhood movies

Amazoniantanklvr

LittleBlueGuppy said:
Some pics that actually capture her adorable round eyes. It’s funny how when you give a cat a nice, big, comfy bed they sleep on your dirty laundry.
72355F35-8D2C-476E-AEAD-E571E6BC7D4D.jpeg

7C142759-B60D-4EF3-ACC4-088CB66676D1.jpeg

E875EEF0-E3B1-4E5F-B57A-B2C9CCCA9E19.jpeg

8FE93CC5-4A39-412F-84F4-EA4B59DC9C9C.jpeg

D3487EDC-3244-4829-8D63-E44F9C5FB7DD.jpeg
Love her! My dad found tiger living with his mom and brother under a tralier. I should get a pic if my grandma's cat (shadow also) nex time we go over there.
Derek2408 said:
Dogs rule. Cats drool
Tiger doesn't drool!
LittleBlueGuppy said:
Never heard of a cat with a drooling problem until right now! Lol so funny!

Frisbee

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Love her! My dad found tiger living with his mom and brother under a tralier. I should get a pic if my grandma's cat (shadow also) nex time we go over there.

Tiger doesn't drool!

Never heard of a cat with a drooling problem until right now! Lol so funny!
When she gets happy she can’t control her saliva and it just drips and drips till there is a little wet spot on my lap. Sunshine (our last cat) was the same way.

WrenFeenix

That’s adorable! My cat loves a variety of food too, including potato chips, nori, pita bread, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and spaghettI with sauce.
I have a special place in my heart for orange cats.

Honeybee: 8 years

5BE7A9DB-348C-4165-906D-14C93AA35762.jpeg

She is very helpful with my homework.

Shadow: 12 years

DE76E14F-F9F4-4F46-B834-5B3976853DC7.jpeg

Coming down off a catnip high.

Oliver: 4 years

C6FFAD92-9E15-498F-B7BB-B842060499E8.jpeg

One of many sleeping positions.

Amazoniantanklvr

WrenFeenix said:
That’s adorable! My cat loves a variety of food too, including potato chips, nori, pita bread, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and spaghettI with sauce.
I have a special place in my heart for orange cats.

Honeybee: 8 years

5BE7A9DB-348C-4165-906D-14C93AA35762.jpeg

She is very helpful with my homework.

Shadow: 12 years

DE76E14F-F9F4-4F46-B834-5B3976853DC7.jpeg

Coming down off a catnip high.

Oliver: 4 years

C6FFAD92-9E15-498F-B7BB-B842060499E8.jpeg

One of many sleeping positions.
Thanks! Tiger helps with homework too. Shadowis a common name around here. You have one, my grandma has one and LittleBlueGuppy has one! It is amazing how many different ways cats csn sleep.

WrenFeenix

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Thanks! Tiger helps with homework too. Shadowis a common name around here. You have one, my grandma has one and LittleBlueGuppy has one! It is amazing how many different ways cats csn sleep.
I think Honeybee hopes to, by rolling all over my homework, smudge it in such a way that somehow completes it with all the correct answers. Kind of like that monkey with a typewriter scenario.

Shadow earned his name from attacking his own shadow relentlessly when he was a kitten, not because he’s black.

Do you have a nickname for Tiger? My cats are Squishy (Honeybee), Kitty (Shadow), and Buttle (Oliver).

Amazoniantanklvr

WrenFeenix said:
I think Honeybee hopes to, by rolling all over my homework, smudge it in such a way that somehow completes it with all the correct answers. Kind of like that monkey with a typewriter scenario.

Shadow earned his name from attacking his own shadow relentlessly when he was a kitten, not because he’s black.

Do you have a nickname for Tiger? My cats are Squishy (Honeybee), Kitty (Shadow), and Buttle (Oliver).
He likes to walk all over my keyboard and sit down on top of my papers (including to one that I am writing).

Tigie or tiger wiger elafiger

EmiliyaCossack

Amazoniantanklvr said:
What else do cats do besides sleep, eat, go to the litter box and clean themselves? lol
Some cats go on hikes and adventures. Like Lina.

IMG_20200208_174603768_HDR.jpg

20191105_135223.jpg

20191101_163953.jpg

IMG_20200209_164151251.jpg

20191105_135056.jpg

Amazoniantanklvr

EmiliyaCossack said:

IMG_20200208_174603768_HDR.jpg

20191105_135223.jpg

20191101_163953.jpg

20191105_135056.jpg
WOW! That's amazing! Tiger hates snow (we live in AZ so we only get it once every two years).

EmiliyaCossack

Amazoniantanklvr said:
WOW! That's amazing! Tiger hates snow (we live in AZ so we only get it once every two years).
We live up north so Lina has come to love snow, unless it's higher than her head then she says no thank you. Tiger is super cute but the way, my husband had a cat named Chuckles back in the day who looked just like him.

Amazoniantanklvr

EmiliyaCossack said:
We live up north so Lina has come to love snow, unless it's higher than her head then she says no thank you.
haha We took him to go in the snow once and that was his last. Now he stays inside when it snows.
EmiliyaCossack said:
Tiger is super cute but the way
Thanks
EmiliyaCossack said:
my husband had a cat named Chuckles back in the day who looked just like him.
I'm chuckling at the name! lol

Basil

Mike999 said:
Aww, I used to breed himmies 30 years ago.

Amazoniantanklvr

Basil said:
Aww, I used to breed himmies 30 years ago.
Cool! do you have a cat right now?

EmiliyaCossack do you walk Lina?

Basil

I have a very soft spot for cats named Tiger. Here’s my Tiger, who I just lost a week ago.

52D755EF-8920-4285-BF5F-D2FBA6448C3A.jpeg

Amazoniantanklvr

Basil said:
I have a very soft spot for cats named Tiger. Here’s my Tiger, who I just lost a week ago.

52D755EF-8920-4285-BF5F-D2FBA6448C3A.jpeg
Aww. I'm soooooooooooo sorry to hear about our loss. How old was he? My mom had a cat the lived for 21 years and was heart broken when it died.

Basil

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Cool! do you have a cat right now?

EmiliyaCossack do you walk Lina?
Yes. I have 3 long haired house cats and currently in the adoption process of 2 barn cats. My house cats were all drop offs at my house. Two are semi-feral but definitely interact with us. You can pet them but only on their terms! And yes, the two dilute torties are sisters
28CEEC97-88B1-48F5-84E2-645041E2F21F.jpeg

37C368AD-B698-4A0A-886F-4F8B7D4F8D75.jpeg

F725A734-9853-4D19-839F-75FE39079C93.jpeg

Basil

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Aww. I'm soooooooooooo sorry to hear about our loss. How old was he? My mom had a cat the lived for 21 years and was heart broken when it died.
Thank you. I really miss him. I think he was about 16. I need to check my records. He was a feral kitten at my sister’s house. She trapped him and neutered him and he’s been a fixture at my barn ever since. He became quite “un-feral” Lol! And was the best ratter I’ve ever seen.

EmiliyaCossack

Amazoniantanklvr said:
@EmiliyaCossack do you walk Lina?
Yep, hence all the pictures of her outdoors. She and Rifka our dog travel with us, Lina likes to sit on my lap and put her paws on the steering wheel like she's driving. Lina even hikes off leash in the woods with Rifka, and plays in the water if it's hot.

Amazoniantanklvr

Basil said:
Thank you. I really miss him. I think he was about 16. I need to check my records. He was a feral kitten at my sister’s house. She trapped him and neutered him and he’s been a fixture at my barn ever since. He became quite “un-feral” Lol! And was the best ratter I’ve ever seen.
Same with tiger. My dad (yes, I still live at home) found him under a trailer living with his mom and brother. Tiger just laid there when my dad came to pick him up. He was a birthday present for my mom who "wasn't ready' for another cat yet (even though her cat had died 11 months before). He has sooooooo many fleas in him. We were picking them out for the next two months!

Amazoniantanklvr

EmiliyaCossack said:
Yep, hence all the pictures of her outdoors. She and Rifka our dog travel with us, Lina likes to sit on my lap and put her paws on the steering wheel like she's driving. Lina even hikes off leash in the woods with Rifka, and plays in the water if it's hot.
That's crazy!

Mike999

I'm all about long-haired cats, this was my first cat - who was a long-haired domestic:

1. Loved those shoe boxes. Caught him yawning.

IMG_0072.JPG

2. Here he is trying to make a sandwhich?

IMG_0066.JPG

Mike999

EmiliyaCossack said:

20191105_135056.jpg
Amazing pictures. Wowzer! How did you train your cat to accept a leash? What fantastic areas to hike.

EmiliyaCossack

Mike999 said:
Amazing pictures. Wowzer! How did you train your cat to accept a leash? What fantastic areas to hike.
Thank you! Idaho is very lovely to explore. honestly, as soon as we got Lina as a kitten I put a harness on her within the week that I modified just to fit her. I bought a little Chihuahua harness and undid the stitching and restitched it to fit her. I let her walk around the house with it and gave her treats and let her just walk in the harness for about a week before I put a leash on her. Then I walked her with my dog who she was very attached to and thought she was her mother and she never wanted to be left behind from Rifka so she learned to walk on a leash! She can do up to a mile before she gets tired, so we have a special little backpack that she can ride in once she gets tired. We discovered that she has a heart condition so she can't hike a super long ways without her heart beating too fast and making her out of breath, so she loves her backpack too.

Amazoniantanklvr

EmiliyaCossack said:
Thank you! Idaho is very lovely to explore. honestly, as soon as we got Lina as a kitten I put a harness on her within the week that I modified just to fit her. I bought a little Chihuahua harness and undid the stitching and restitched it to fit her. I let her walk around the house with it and gave her treats and let her just walk in the harness for about a week before I put a leash on her. Then I walked her with my dog who she was very attached to and thought she was her mother and she never wanted to be left behind from Rifka so she learned to walk on a leash! She can do up to a mile before she gets tired, so we have a special little backpack that she can ride in once she gets tired. We discovered that she has a heart condition so she can't hike a super long ways without her heart beating too fast and making her out of breath, so she loves her backpack too.
Does she have a litter box or do you just walk the cat?

EmiliyaCossack

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Does she have a litter box or do you just walk the cat?
Haha, yes, she has a litter box! Though she will go outside sometimes with our dog to go. We discovered that our dog has been using the litter box too... I think they're a little confused

Mike999

EmiliyaCossack Good job, wow - that's dedication. Nice to have cats enjoy the good life, that dog's always get.

Amazoniantanklvr

EmiliyaCossack said:
Haha, yes, she has a litter box! Though she will go outside sometimes with our dog to go. We discovered that our dog has been using the litter box too... I think they're a little confused
haha (I'm laughing out loud right now!) lol

A cat that goes out side when you walk her! lol (though I can't really talk b/c tier goes outside in out yard sometimes). But a dog that uses a litter box...………...……………………..? have you considered taking either (or both) of them to see a psychologist?

Amazoniantanklvr

Mike999 said:
EmiliyaCossack Good job, wow - that's dedication. Nice to have cats enjoy the good life, that dog's always get.
My cat is spoiled rotten. I don't know why people always think dogs are better or that cats aren't treated properly.

EmiliyaCossack

Amazoniantanklvr said:
haha (I'm laughing out loud right now!) lol

A cat that goes out side when you walk her! lol (though I can't really talk b/c tier goes outside in out yard sometimes). But a dog that uses a litter box...………...……………………..? have you considered taking either (or both) of them to see a psychologist?
honestly I think the best decision I ever made was raising a kitten and a puppy at the same time. it was also the worst decision I ever made because that first month or so was pure chaos and it was so stressful and I cried a lot. They used to fight a lot and it really stressed me out. I constantly had to watch them. Now they are best friends and they do everything together! Which means sometimes I come home and find both my dog and cat sitting in the window sill. Or Lina kitty will run to the door when the UPS man comes and stand in front of it growling because she's trying to protect the house. Their personalities really rub off on each other and they learn a lot from each other. I have never seen a dog clean herself for 45 minutes like mine does, but she got that from the cat

Amazoniantanklvr said:
My cat is spoiled rotten. I don't know why people always think dogs are better or that cats aren't treated properly.
I don't think that's what he meant, I think he was saying that it was nice that a cat got to go on hikes like a dog. Not because other cats are mistreated, but because cats can be trained and a lot of people don't realize it so they never get the opportunity to try new things like going on hikes and so the cat doesn't get to live up to its full potential. That doesn't mean they don't have a great life, they just don't get to try some of the stuff that dogs get to do. I'm pretty sure it was not a slight on cat people.

Amazoniantanklvr

EmiliyaCossack said:
Which means sometimes I come home and find both my dog and cat sitting in the window sill.
How does a dog fit on a window sill?
Your pest have some crazy habits! I've never heard of a dog that cleans itself.
EmiliyaCossack said:
I don't think that's what he meant, I think he was saying that it was nice that a cat got to go on hikes like a dog. Not because other cats are mistreated, but because cats can be trained and a lot of people don't realize it so they never get the opportunity to try new things like going on hikes and so the cat doesn't get to live up to its full potential. That doesn't mean they don't have a great life, they just don't get to try some of the stuff that dogs get to do. I'm pretty sure it was not a slight on cat people.
Oh, ok. Look at this crazy cat video.

WrenFeenix

I harness trained my cats too, but I don’t really walk them. I just put them on when I took my cats outside in the yard. They quickly learned that the harnesses meant they were going to play outside!
Harness training them also helped them learn to stay in the yard when I let them out without them on. They are always supervised when outside. If they get nervous, they run to the back door so I can let them inside.

I recently got an invisible fence because my neighbor called the cops on me for having unleashed animals outside, claiming they were antagonizing his dog (his dog barks all the time if there are cats or not, plus my cats won’t go out if the dog is out). I guess it’s not enough for me to be following my cats when they’re outside. Since they love frolicking so much and a leash was kind of restricting (they are only so long and get caught on bushes), I had a fence installed. Now they have big, clunky collars to wear. Sigh.

Amazoniantanklvr

WrenFeenix said:
I harness trained my cats too, but I don’t really walk them. I just put them on when I took my cats outside in the yard. They quickly learned that the harnesses meant they were going to play outside!
Harness training them also helped them learn to stay in the yard when I let them out without them on. They are always supervised when outside. If they get nervous, they run to the back door so I can let them inside.

I recently got an invisible fence because my neighbor called the cops on me for having unleashed animals outside, claiming they were antagonizing his dog (his dog barks all the time if there are cats or not, plus my cats won’t go out if the dog is out). I guess it’s not enough for me to be following my cats when they’re outside. Since they love frolicking so much and a leash was kind of restricting (they are only so long and get caught on bushes), I had a fence installed. Now they have big, clunky collars to wear. Sigh.
Tiger loves to mess with the neighboors dogs. He is let outside too. No leash tho. My dad doesn't believe in them.

Mike999

Unleashed animals on your own property is not a problem, it's your property.

Unleashed animals on someone else's property is potentially a problem. We had a neighbor tell another neighbor to keep her cat on her own property as it was killing birds etc. on his property. Well...that's what some cats do. But, I do see his point of view - it's his property, end of story.

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom