Meet The Fish...

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It appears that we have another generation of fry in the Molly tank sump. I only counted half a dozen but there's lots of places for them to hide.

Felix seems to be recovering from his worms but he doesn't want to eat anything except mealworms now.

Last time this happened I weaned him off by using Fluval bug bites. I will have to try this again.

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Phooie! Our LFS is not keeping Bug Bites. I've been feeding a lot of meal worms instead, but they are said to be poor nutrition. Felix does not like the redworms I've been getting.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can get Bug Bites at Amazon or eBay. My PetSmart carries them but only in the medium size package and I need the small 1.6 oz. one.

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks. Our Petco did have some. Our PetSmart does not, nor did Pet Supplies Plus.

Felix now has a nice supply of Bug Bites and meal worms.
:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2

jenmur

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome 4]. Awesome! So glad you found them at Petco. Even if Felix pouts about not having mealworms.

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am still cleaning Felix's tank frequently and using the prazipro every 3 days.

He is eating mealworms but ignoring red worms. I think the mealworms are more fun for him. He's not eating his bug bites very well.

His water is staying cleaner with the larger sump and extra filtration.

The Molly fry are growing up rapidly. Still it will take them a while to get as big as their parents. They are the biggest Molly's I have ever had although I have not kept them for many years until now.

In the 125 tank I just shoved all of the ivy right in the water and closed the lids. There is a lot of cover to hide behind in this tank now and there are plenty of little fish Huts in the back hidden behind rocks and fake plants.
20191119_084011.jpg

jenmur

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oh Felix is pouting! Hard! Heheheh.
Good little Mollies grow big and strong!
Tank is look good

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Felix has been really moody lately. It's the parasitic worms. He blames me for them. He's nearly on on week 3 of prazipro. He's getting siphoned, water change and treatment every 3 days until it passes.

jenmur

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Here’s the PraziPro dosing. I followed for my 55 when I was an idiot and didn’t treat QT. Gill flukes. Maybe it’s similar for other worms?

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It is dropping into the 30s at night here and it looks like my insulation will be sufficient to keep the patio fish warm.

This is the back Edge on my clear-for-life custom 75 plexiglass tank. They didn't put enough flange on it and it's warping like crazy it after just six months. I don't want to drain it and move Felix but it looks like I will have to.

The alternative is that I just repair it myself which is entirely possible. In fact it would be a lot less trouble than sending this tank back.
20191116_104227.jpg

jenmur

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yay for insulation working! And that sucks about Felixs tank bending. Good luck if you decide to repair

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am sad to say that our golden mbuna Maynard has passed away. I'm afraid there was too much pressure in his tank.

On the other hand Christmas is officially decorated indoors and out.
20191210_102833.jpg

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The Guppy and Molly tank is doing really well and there are at least four dozen in there now.
20191211_115023.jpg

jenmur

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Aw man. I’m sorry Maynard passed. That sucks.
Yay Christmas!! Hehe.
Glad the Mollies and Guppies are doing well

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Jenmur. I have about 100 fish now, and so I'm bound to lose one on occasion. Maynard was one of the rescue fish.
maynard2.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom