Meet Storm......I hope it's not too late!

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, I did it. Meet Storm everyone! He is kind of a red/orange colour, and I don't think completely healthy. There are either a few small tears in his beautiful long fins, or fin rot, so he is now in the clean 1.66g with Vita Chem and AmQuel+ and I will watch him closely. The cup he was in was so dirty you could hardly see him, so much poop it was like a litter box - just disgusting. So he could be in shock at being in a clean, warm place. It will be interesting to see if his colour changes.

He is just lying at the bottom of the tank, kinda tipped just a titch; however, for this picture he swam to the top of the tank and down. Hopefully help hasn't come to late for him. I gave him a Strong name, even though he has a very sad face & his kinda long & skinny........unlike Neptune whose face changes with his mood & is a nice healthy weight.

Yay...I now have joined the MTS'ers. Won't my hubby be surprised when he comes home!!

heatmisr

Valued Member
Reaction score
He's beautiful. I'm sure he'll be fine. He will need a little time to adjust before you can see if he has any serious problems.

Welcome Storm!

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Aww, total cutie! I hope things work out.

Sparkling Diamonds

Valued Member
Reaction score
He is very handsome. I'm sure help has come before anything serious has occurred. You're doing a fine job Kat.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Aw. He is so cute. Welcome Storm. I'm sure he'll be fine. He's in good hands. Natalie

Jendayi

Valued Member
Reaction score
His color is absolutely gorgeous! I bet he will be full of personality once he realizes he's out of his nasty cup. I want one just like him lol... I have to wait a bit longer till Cujo's tank is cycled, tho. I can't have anymore tanks on my desk, there just insn't any more room!

Noob question - what is MTS'er?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He's a great looking Betta. we love his red! after his time at walmart, i'd understand if he took the day or 2 they sometimes need to realize they have a new home & loving betta parent.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
MTS= multiple tank syndrome natalie

Jendayi

Valued Member
Reaction score
nmwierman1977 said:
MTS= multiple tank syndrome natalie
LOL then I guess I am well on my way since I am already making plans for the hospital tank and Cujo's not even out of it yet hehe

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He is a beautiful red color!  Congratulations on the rescue.  Welcome to the forum, Storm.

Yeah, I have a very bad case of MTS.  I have 3 ten gallons, 2 five gallons and a 2.5 gallon.  One of these days I am going to get around to updating my profile. LOL

CherryRose

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jendayi said:
LOL then I guess I am well on my way since I am already making plans for the hospital tank and Cujo's not even out of it yet hehe
LOL.. well, you could leave it as a quarantine/hospital tank and go with a whole new tank..

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome Storm! All of us at my home welcome you and send our congratulations to you both. Alex and Marty Jr. are looking and liking what they see. Damon is yelling from the dining room that he wants to see too and JT and Nate are already in bed but will see tomorrow. We all want you to feel right at home here. You are a very handsome young gentleman and we want to get to know you.

Congratulations. He is very nice and I think he has a very fine looking face and will make a great friend.

Rose

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks ,everyone! If anyone told me in Jan that I would have entered the betta fish world, I would have laughed!

Storm is swimming around the little tank, cautious, but has found a leaf to lay under and sleep. I will try to feed him in the morning. He isn't skinny really, now that I look at him, his fins are just so long that it made him look that way. As in "does this dress make me look fat??" I have gotten used to not seeing long fins..LOL.

I feel so good about the rescue, and no guilt for having him in the small tank (until Neptune moves back to his 6g tank) especially since after what Rose said about the smaller hospital tanks - I know it is only for a week or so.

Storm looks more red to me tonight, pretty & bright..but his eyes look so sad and small. Hopefully he'll have a good rest and be ready to eat in the a.m.

Oh ya, husband said he kinda knew I would be getting another one........sweet. LOL

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Funny, how quickly these little fish can give us the betta bug.

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
voiceless_kat said:
Thanks ,everyone!  If anyone told me in Jan that I would have entered the betta fish world, I would have laughed!

Storm looks more red to me tonight, pretty & bright..but his eyes look so sad and small.  Hopefully he'll have a good rest and be ready to eat in the a.m.

Oh ya, husband said he kinda knew I would be getting another one........sweet.  LOL
Hello Storm! What a wonderful thing you did in rescuing your betta. ;D Yes, he does look so sad in the photo.. but Im sure that once he adjusts to his environment he will be soooo happy. Sometimes its like a bird in a cage that forgets how to fly. The betta is in such little space, that he forgets that he can swim around. Like my betta who looks alot like yours, when he came home and was introduced to the 29 gallon He stayed in a small area, then eventually he started using those muscles again and swam around the whole tank. LIBERATION!!.... ;D Now he is in a 10 gallon and still doing great! I wont put him in anything smaller.
Good luck with your new baby... and hope that he will prosper with your loving care! ;D

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Capekate...I hope you are right. He moves around the bottom of the tank pretty slowly - likes to lay under a leaf on a smooth stone. I tried to temp him with a pea treat this morning, but it just fell past him - he either watched it go & wasn't interested, or didn't see it. Hopefully I can catch him coming to the top and tempt him with a pellet or bloodworm. Poor thing. His one eye doesn't look right too me, sort of too small, or beady or something - poor baby!!

Hope all of this is normal - when I brought Neptune home he practically took my finger off when I tried to feed him - but he was goofy in his cup also. Storm was just kinda lying there still - hiw water too poopy to swim.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
some of our bettas ate right away, others took a day or 2 to show interest in food.

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Day 3, my heart is breaking for this little fish. He won't eat, comes to the top of the tank just for air, then back down to sit on the bottom. Funny thing is he "looks" healthy, nothing outwards I can see. I can never catch him swimming, I turn around to look and he is in a different spot ..it seems he is treating the tank same as he would his cup!! Hope he perks up soon....I don't think he realizes he has been rescued.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Try a thawed frozen pea that's been dipped in the juice of one of those wet minced garlic jars from the produce section, then minced. And if you have any daphnia, he might go for that. Also a few bloodworms from a thawed cube of frozen bloodworms may spark his appetite. I think he just had a rough time at wallyworld and once he gets the idea that things are better now, he'll start eating and perk up.

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If he's lethargic then he probably has an internal infection. You should begin treatment with Maracyn AND Maracyn-Two if you haven't already. Don't wait even one day. These infections can kill them pretty quickly. If the meds help him you should notice a difference in about three days. Don't worry too much if he won't eat. They can go a while without eating. No one feels much like eating when they are sick.
I hope he makes it. He has such a sad face. I want to see him healthy and smiling.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom