Meet Spike

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here is the newest addition to my fishy family. Meet Spike...

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, he's gorgeous!! I've never seen a male VT so white before!!!

Congrats and welcome, Spike!

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Spike is very handsome and those are lovely pictures.  Welcome to the betta forum Spike.  You have a very nice family so you be a good little boy.

Congratulations to you on the addition to your betta family, Genie.

CherryRose  ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I thought I noticed a change in your icon. He's a great-looking Betta! He should go out with our little Angel sometime, talk about bloodworms and you know...

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
I thought I noticed a change in your icon.   He's a great-looking Betta!  He should go out with our little Angel sometime, talk about bloodworms and you know... 
LOL!!! Don't worry, I am sure he can keep her safe-- just ask his imaginary friend, he can take anyone! (Everyone else out there - inside joke-- see Betta Bug Wins)

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
he is a verry neat fish. Congrats!!!

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks-- I think so-- in my very unbiased opinion-- lol!

lisa987

Valued Member
Reaction score
Spike is one of the prettiest bettas I have seen! And veiltails are my favorite, even though they are not valued in the whole betta-breeding world they are still the prettiest kind to me. I see he has a split in his tail -- hopefully that will heal up soon. Was that there when you got him or do you think he could have gotten it caught on something in the tank?

At any rate, wonderful find! Spike is lucky to have you.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I agree with Lisa987. Spike is a wonderful find. I don't know how they do it but these little guys sure wrap their fins around our hearts before we even know what hit us. LOL

CherryRose ;D

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lisa987 said:
Spike is one of the prettiest bettas I have seen!  And veiltails are my favorite, even though they are not valued in the whole betta-breeding world they are still the prettiest kind to me.  I see he has a split in his tail -- hopefully that will heal up soon.  Was that there when you got him or do you think he could have gotten it caught on something in the tank?

At any rate, wonderful find!  Spike is lucky to have you.
Spike and I thank everyone for all of the compliments. He did have the split in his tail when I got him, so I am keeping his water super clean and watching for signs of finrot. My other betta Cobalt just got over finrot so I am prepared with meds. So far, spike isn't as friendly as Cobalt-- I think right now he is just out to prove that he is BAD--lol. He'll warm up to me soon.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
Spike and I thank everyone for all of the compliments. He did have the split in his tail when I got him, so I am keeping his water super clean and watching for signs of finrot. My other betta Cobalt just got over finrot so I am prepared with meds. So far, spike isn't as friendly as Cobalt-- I think right now he is just out to prove that he is BAD--lol. He'll warm up to me soon.
Yea, our first Betta Mario pretty much ignored us for the first week but after he got used to his surroundings and all, he was the most affectionate & attention-hungry Betta we've ever had.. so Spike may turn out to be a momma's boy.. with a <grrr!> bad side.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom