Meet Some Of My New Honeys

DoubleDutch

Yesterday I got my first population of honeybees. The ones in the pic were a small amount that didn't get in the hive immediately. Checked on them this morning and loved to see activity.

Afraid my MTS evolved in MKD (MultI keeping disorder).

46eeeb5d93c69904e9cc63ed0740cfe5.jpg
13fc3a34abf7caaf165ab0d9bd81bfa4.jpg
48ea8935151ab020d4258cfde742a49f.jpg

richiep

That's brilliant and how I'd love a pot of honey, all expenses paid

Diane 007

Nectar of the God's..yummy

richiep

You started something here doubledutch Beèeeeee for you know it you'll be inundated with orders

Fanatic

I would love to have bees, they are really interesting, thanks for sharing DoubleDutch!

DoubleDutch

BTW the bee per gallon rule doesn't seem to be correct. It is 10.000+ bees per gallon.

richiep

Watch it they'll get honeycomb sickness

Redshark1

My bee seems unhappy. If I get him some friends from the LBS how many shall I get to form a swarm?

DoubleDutch

My bee seems unhappy. If I get him some friends from the LBS how many shall I get to form a swarm?
10.000 at least

Redshark1

How much money each? Not sure I have enough wonga!

DoubleDutch

How much money each? Not sure I have enough wonga!
Hahahhahaha. I am Dutch huh so I got my stingies for free

DoubleDutch

Removed the sugarsirop and will leave them alone now to get through the winter.

TheeLadyG

Haha, GRACEFUL!

Frisbee

Yesterday I got my first population of honeybees. The ones in the pic were a small amount that didn't get in the hive immediately. Checked on them this morning and loved to see activity.

Afraid my MTS evolved in MKD (MultI keeping disorder).

46eeeb5d93c69904e9cc63ed0740cfe5.jpg
13fc3a34abf7caaf165ab0d9bd81bfa4.jpg
48ea8935151ab020d4258cfde742a49f.jpg
Neat. We had bees for a while, but we got busy one summer and forgot to keep feeding them so they left to look for more food.

saltwater60

I wanted bees. I did a beekeeping apprenticeship at a local nursery and it was really cool. I hadn’t been stung in years. I got stung and my entire arm swelled up. Got tested and I’m allergic. Glad I did this before dropping a bunch of mo way into hives. Still wish I’d have done it. Cool thing to do.

richiep

DoubleDutch what type of camera are you using on them bees or was it a video

Fishymom64

Was I the only one who clicked on this thread thinking honey Gourami’s? Least to say I was surprised nice bees btw.

JettsPapa

I worked full-time for a large apiary for 2-1/2 years, 20-something years ago. You can learn a lot about bees in a hurry if you have an open hive in front of you for 8+ hours per day.

DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch what type of camera are you using on them bees or was it a video
It is an Samsung S9 Smartphone-camera

DoubleDutch

Neat. We had bees for a while, but we got busy one summer and forgot to keep feeding them so they left to look for more food.
I only feed them in september / october to get them through winter.

Frisbee

I only feed them in september / october to get them through winter.
where we live we have to feed them in the summer or they leave cause they think there won’t be enough to store for winter.
It’s in mid-late summer when the wildflowers die off that we will feed them.

TheDitherFish

I have a colony of honey bees too I think they are amazing

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cream
  • Question
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views