Meet Skip~!!!!

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted in FOREVER!!! sorry. we have been busy. well today i got a new betta!!! his name is Skip. i think he may have been in a fish fight because he has scars and his side fins are torn up. but we are going to try to make him feel better. hes the sweetest little guy!! now we have Oscar, Calamarrie and Skip!!! Yay!!! Miley ;D i will post a pic as soon as i can figure out how to make it smaller.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't wait to see him-- congrats on your betta rescue!

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats on your new baby boy, Miley! Hope he recovers nicely!
Brianna

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
thank you!!! his tank decorartions match his personality!!!!! hes the sweetest little thing!!!! Oscar was funny - he look over at him and looked very confused!!! lol!!!! Miley

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Glad you are enjoying him! A 1 gallon tank is 10X better than the 1 cup tanks they have at the petstores! Just think, most people who buy them keep them in containers little bigger than the ones they are in at the pet stores :'(
-Brianna

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi Miley - great job on rescuing the little guy. If you need photos resized, feel free to email them to our hotmail account and i'll resize them for you & either email them back or post them for you.

Do you have vitachem? or NovAqua+? Those help with regrowing fins. Also try to keep him nice & warm, maybe around 82. That and keeping his water nice & clean is the best you can do to help him recover. And of course, lots of love & attention that i'm sure he's getting. I really think Bettas benefit a lot from that when they need to feel better. Best of luck with Skip!

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
thank you so much!!! hes a sweety!! he was the only lively betta with a real personality at the petstore. hes so great!! my other fishy, Oscar, keeps looking at him. its so cute!! but he still preffers to be on the side Calamarrie is on. and ya i couldn't wait to get him out of that cup - its like fish torcher!!!! or how ever you spell it . lol. i will try and emai lthem. how though?? to ur email or how?? thnx a ton!! , Miley

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
BettaBuddy said:
thank you so much!!! hes a sweety!! he was the only lively betta with a real personality at the petstore. hes so great!! my other fishy, Oscar, keeps looking at him. its so cute!! but he still preffers to be on the side Calamarrie is on. and ya i couldn't wait to get him out of that cup - its like fish torcher!!!! or how ever you spell it . lol. i will try and emai lthem. how though?? to ur email or how?? thnx a ton!! , Miley
You can go to my profile and send them to me however you would like, either through AIM, YM, MSN (although i'd have to be around to get them that way) or my hotmail email account. Then just let me know if you want me to send them back for you to post or post them for you. Glad to help a fellow Betta lover.

Hey, if you get a chance someday to put your 2 bettas into a divided 10 gallon tank, you have got to get them one of those anemone decorations - we just got one today and our little Angel loves playing with it and swimming around it. She's so funny wrestling with the little strands and playing tug-of-war. Actually Oscar's tank might be big enough for one.

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
BettaBuddy said:
Hey, if you get a chance someday to put your 2 bettas into a divided 10 gallon tank, you have got to get them one of those anemone decorations - we just got one today and our little Angel loves playing with it and swimming around it.  She's so funny wrestling with the little strands and playing tug-of-war.   Actually Oscar's tank might be big enough for one.
Dave, since you now have anemone, please watch to see if it gets that slimy **** on it,like both of mine did. I took mine out , cleaned them and put them away...might try them again when the 6 is cycled. Let me know. Val

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The one anemone we got at wallyworld has had a slimey feel to it, but nothing visible in the way of growths or anything. I just wiped it off yesterday. I really like the tall stranded one from DFS way more & eventually we'll put one of those in each tank for Betta play.

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
wow that is a really nice decoration!!! wow!!!!

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Watch for the tips of it, may get that clear jelly-like stuff on it. Probably not harmful...but something else to clean..LOL. With Neptunes fin rot I wasn't taking any chances, but they are way cool!!

Jendayi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh he's absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats on your very handsome boy, he looks like a real sweetie

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love him! He is beautiful.

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
oh thank you!!!! my sister didnt want a white betta but just my mom and i went and i saw him and i wanted him right away. hes the sweetest!! Miles

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
BettaBuddy said:
oh thank you!!!! my sister didnt want a white betta but just my mom and i went and i saw him and i wanted him right away. hes the sweetest!! Miles
He's a beauty! I love the light bettas - that's how our Angel stole my heart at the store.

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
AWW!!! thats cute!! i love him. hes got such a great personality. all of our bettas do. like calamarrie - he doesn't bite but he flares if your hand/arm is in his tank and he bump you. oscar will bite you. if he gets hyper or excited he bites whatever he wants to bite. even the tank wall!! lol. and skip is very skittish. i think he was in a fish fight because his side fins are torn up really good and hes got little scars all over him. so hes shy and skittish but he wont bite he just looks at your hand. its really cute!! i love them all!! i want more!!! lol Miles

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
lol.. that's the betta bug.. we always want more.. we want to get at least 5 more when we have tanks for them.. including a pair of a betta species that is going extinct in the wild.

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ya!!! i really want a purple betta!! that would be cool!!! my sister wants a black one. i want them all!!! Miley

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Aw, Miley he's beautiful. Have you seen a pic of mine. He's His body is purple and his rays are red. I'll show you in my first post about when he came home. He looked very different though mind you. He's changed quite a bit since then. I'd post pics of him, but we have no computer up and running right now at my house except my husbands laptop, but he doesn't let me use that a whole lot. Here's the link:

Natalie

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom