Meet Peppercorn!

1. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

About to post pictures. Anyone want to guess what they are? :D

2. DylanM Member Member

Female bettas? It seems from your profile that you like bettas, and the context of the title means you are referring to multiple fish. Sooooo... betta sorority?

3. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Corydoras Habrosus? I would say shrimp but they arent fish haha.

4. James17 Well Known Member Member

I think you got a Blue Whale

5. DylanM Member Member

Nah, I think she got a narwhal.

6. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

Hairy Anglerfish?

7. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

LOL! You guys are funny! No, it's a fancy goldfish and some rosy red minnows. Petco had some good looking ones. I'll post pictures when I get back home! (We had to run to Walmart.). I named the fancy goldfish Peppercorn. She's adorable.

The Corydoras habrosus I won't be able to add for a while. I'll need to get everything cycled and in check before them. I'll likely be getting them in the spring.

8. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

LFS, then Walmart?
    Let's hope you aren't getting any fish from their department. ;)

9. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Our Walmart doesn't have a live fish department. Got a fern there, though.

10. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Meet Peppercorn! I didn't name the minnows yet. They won't be named until QT is over as undoubtably I'll lose a couple. (It's harder to lose them when they have names. Peppercorn and the minnows are in separate QT containers.)
    image.jpg image.jpg

11. James17 Well Known Member Member

How cute, it's a new baby.

12. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Definitely - she's super small compared to my others! She is such a cutie, though. Followed my finger around the tank at Petco while wiggling her little butt. How could I resist? :p

13. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

I guess you are throwing the minnows to a pond? I find minnows to be interesting despite their "Feeder" status. I would love to get my hands on some of them and throw them into a tub.

14. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Anywho, though, my plan is to get my filter up and running, then this weekend go to a new fish store to check out their plants and such. After that I'll likely be ordering more plants and shrimp (assuming the LFS doesn't have it all), then I'll be getting the lighting system and CO2 set up. After the tank is up and running for a while I'm going to get the Corydoras habrosus shoal and maaaaaybe crystal shrimp. Crystal shrimp are a huge maybe.

15. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Yep, they get 3 week quarantine then into the pond they go. Rosy reds/fatheads have wonderful personalities. I plan on training these to hand feed like I used to do with my others.

You should totally get some if you can. They're awesome.

16. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

I finally finished cleaning! That gives me enough money for the filter, more shrimp, and more plants!

I plan to babysit some kids in a few weeks, so hopefully that'll put some money towards the lighting.

Then birthday and Christmas money will go towards Corydoras in the spring. :D

17. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

My guppy had her babies! :D

It looks like I have good fry control as there were only two in there that I could find and that female was huge. So that's good. I won't be overrun.
    I put the two fry in the shrimp tank. They can grow up with baby endler.

18. DylanM Member Member

If you need really good lighting and have about 100 US dollars, I would recommend a finnex planted+ 24/7 SE, as it has been able to support all the plants I've added to my tank so far. I've even had to reduce the photoperiod to 6 - 7 hours a day to cope with algae than can be caused by leaving it on max setting for 8 - 10 hours. If you want a longer photoperiod simply turn down some of the led intensities. It even has true red LEDs, which create red light to allow the plant to use it's chlorophyll A pigment and create more energy through photosynthesis.

19. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

That's actually what I'm getting! :D